At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.Job Description
- Managing tax due diligence process including assessment of identified risks and review of purchase agreements
- Coordinate and manage outside advisors in all international locations and ensure services are timely and responsive
- Monitor UK and international tax legislation and advise on potential impact on the business.
- Manage UK corporation tax compliance obligations - maximize Group Relief Provisions and R&D credit
- Ownership of the UK tax provision work for the US GAAP Tax Accounting team including audit queries
- Build a strong working relationship with HMRC and manage tax risk
- Manage UK statutory accounts tax reporting and management of the tax audit process
- Accountable for indirect tax compliance (i.e. VAT) in multiple jurisdictions
- Review legal language of tax aspects of customer contracts
- Work with US Corporate personnel on Transfer Pricing, BEPS, Intercompany arrangements and forecasting
- Work on Ad Hoc Special Projects
- Strong academic experience and Qualified Accountant (ACA/CTA) from a professional practice background
- 10 plus years of tax experience in either a large CPA firm or Corporate Tax Department (having both is preferable)
- Experience includes UK income tax compliance, group relief, R&D credit, audit defense, VAT, employment tax, transfer pricing, withholding taxes, contract review and tax provision.
- Strong communication skills and customer service mentality
- Expected travel of 1-2 trips to the Corporate Headquarters in Jersey City. If not based in Scotland, then frequent trips to Edinburgh office
- Excellent organizational skills, judgement on materiality and priorities
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice