As a software architect, you will lead the detailed design on a variety of domains in a highly collaborative, dynamic environment. Abacai's IT platform is at the heart of a fast-moving business. Abacai is, therefore, implementing a modern architecture using domain driven design, event-based patterns, microservices and a data-mesh to ensure it can respond rapidly to business change.
You will design creative solutions to real market problems. You will work closely with other partners such as solution architects, business analysts, product owners and software engineers to develop new product features and improve the efficiency of the solution.
You will be self-motivated and a significant part of the Abacai IT team.
For clarity, the software architect's accountabilities include the following.
· Low-level design of the software solutions
· Creation of the standards and examples to implement the architecture principles and policies agreed by the company.
· The point of reference for teams for the practical implementation of modern software patterns.
· Own the processes of the software build and best practice:
o Build pipelines.
o Code quality
o Automated functional test frameworks
o Automated non-functional test frameworks
· The point of escalation to lead teams through the resolution of issues.
· Excellent working knowledge of software engineering principles (e.g. SOLID Design)
· Good working knowledge of domain driven design
· Good working knowledge of enterprise integration patterns, including:
o Excellent experience with microservice architectures
o event-based systems
· Experience of modern single-page applications and mobile apps
· Good Experience of working in AWS cloud.
· Knowledge of Kafka and its role in implementing event-based architectures and extending the SOA paradigm
· Hands-on experience working in collaboration with multiple engineering teams.
· Appreciation of a Data-mesh and its key differences from other data platforms
· Knowledge of the personal insurance domain