Electrical & Instrumentation TechnicianDepartment
Research and Development Reports to
Electrical Control & Instrumentation Team Leader Job purpose
Looking for an E & I technician with experience of electrical design to assist in testing, operations, and development across a variety of projects related to small scale biogas production, storage, and use.
Successful applicant will be responsible for operations and maintenance of existing gas processing systems while providing feedback on functionality and reliability to improve future designs.
The ideal applicant will already have a background in electrical installation or maintenance, with the ability to conduct fault finding and commissioning exercises on a range of instrumentation and switchgear systems. Duties and responsibilities Operational responsibilities
Peer group /cross team liaison
- Operate and maintain portable gas processing equipment.
- Perform fault finding and troubleshooting exercises on faulty equipment.
- Manage, implement, and record maintenance schedule for gas processing systems in operation.
- Provide feedback on performance and design improvements for systems in operation.
- Assist in the construction, testing, and commissioning of new gas processing, storage, and end use systems.
- Take part in design reviews and safety assessments of new systems.
Reporting and communication
- Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and peers, reflecting Bennamann values
- Apply specialist skills where required across full project portfolio.
- Identify and request specialist input where required from others.
Management of team
- Maintain timekeeping records against various projects for accurate accounting.
- Update and agree short term workflow with direct reports on regular basis.
- Notify direct reports of major changes to cost or time as they occur on projects or tasks.
• No current leadership requirement. Opportunity in future to lead a team as company expands. Team
- Proactive member of motivated and engaging team.
- Participate actively in team meetings and proactive in own review and development.
- Supportive member ofResearch and Development team, role modelling Bennamann values in both internal and external relationships.
- Embrace and acknowledge mistakes in a constructive manner to promote good team feedback.
- Responsible for own H&S and that of your direct reports, adhering to company guidelines be this in an office / workshop setting, on site, in a vehicle and/or any other reasonable context.
- Highlight any H&S risks you identify to management.
- Ensure you have any and all reasonable PPE and highlight any deficiencies to management who will address as required.
- Undertake additional task specific risk assessments where required for higher risk activities.
Person Specification ATTRIBUTESESSENTIAL
(must have these skills or experience) Relevant Experience
Electrical engineering background, previous work involving Instrumentation, automation, or low voltage switchgear.Desirable
Experience of designing or building control systems
Experience of maintaining or installing instrumentation
Experience of working with Pressure systemsEducation/ Training
Practical qualification in electrical engineering (NVQ or similar)
Able to read and understand; process diagrams , electrical schematics and 2D assembly drawings
Able to use 2D CAD software to provide basic schematics or assembly drawings Desirable
Compex Certification: Modules 5 or 12
Familiarity with use or coding of industrial PLC's
City and Guilds:
2391-52 Testing and Inspection
2382 18th Edition: Requirements for Electrical Installation in the Uk Qualities, knowledge & skills
An empathy and affinity with the Bennamann company values:
- Safe, Reliable and dependable,
- Protecting the environment and with a zero-carbon footprint,
- Value our customers and our colleagues,
- Profit with integrity,
- Passionate with a can-do attitude
- Adheres to process and policy, including PPE and uniform
- Presentable, with the ability to be a positive representative for
Bennamann in relationships with customers and suppliers; ranging from farmers to councillors and scientists Desirable
Willing to adopt new systems of working and help to build processes where required in a rapidly developing company
Can demonstrate occasions where they have set own work plan and short term objectives to meet a longer term goal
Able to demonstrate times when they took ownership of issues and used own judgement to make independent decisions Additional factors
Working conditions/hours, ability to drive, any special working conditions (e.g. gas handling)
Must have own car and be prepared to drive between working sites. (Either between development locations or to farm sites.)
Flexible working hours based around Core 9:30-15:00 Mon-Thurs and 9:30-13:30 on Fridays.
Hold a trailer driver license