We are looking for a talented Principal Design Engineer to join our Exeter engineering design team.
In line with our growth plans, Richter is looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual with a desire to work on challenging infrastructure projects that will test your thinking and make the most of your skills.
As a Principal Design Engineer, you will lead and manage a broad range of temporary works design packages and projects. You will manage resources and project finances to ensure our schemes are delivered profitably, to programme, and in accordance with Richter's quality assurance systems.Responsibilities:
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Lead numerous multidisciplinary design teams.
- Review and audit the application of company procedures by design teams in your charge, take appropriate action to ensure best practice is maintained and oversights rectified.
- Exercise oversight over numerous multidisciplinary design teams providing technical support and directly intervening as required. Review moderate complexity (Cat 0 and 1) design proposals for concept and practicability and approve final result.
- Proficiency level competence in identified design disciplines and general broad experience including application of BIM to ensure value engineered best fit final designs.
- Act as SCE and or Mentor for staff working towards chartered status. Carry out annual and periodical career assessment for junior members of staff.
- Liaise with clients and 3rd party professionals including principal engineers, designers and subcontractors' senior management in a timely and professional manner.
- Lead on work winning through bid management; oversight of estimates, scope definition, and quality and professionalism of responses to clients.
- Exercise oversight over numerous projects to ensure staff and resources are deployed effectively.
- Chartered Engineer, Member of ICE or IStructE.
- MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years post graduate experience of relevant consultancy-based design.
- Demonstrated proficiency of the technical principles underlying Civil Engineering design and practice, particularly Temporary Works.
- Experience of working on construction projects and application of construction techniques.
- Proficient in the application of British and European codes for ultimate limit state and permissible stress design for broadly used materials and processes and good knowledge of others.
- Broad experience in the use of civil engineering design software for structural and geotechnical design and finite element analysis and demonstrated mastery of specific packages commensurate with experience.
- Profound knowledge of the application of UK Health and Safety legislation particularly CDM 2015.
- Comprehensive experience of estimation for Civil Engineering design projects.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Proven analytical approach to problem solving.
- Positive, self-motivated and proactive team leader with proven team management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to express ideas and effectively motivate junior colleagues.
- Well organised with an effective problem-solving outlook and ability to prioritise own work and that of junior colleagues.
- Good ability in ensuring teams achieve programme deadlines and use of motivational techniques.
At Richter, we pride ourselves on attracting and retaining the brightest and best, fuelled by a professional environment built on achievement, creativity and career satisfaction.
We find innovative solutions to modern problems. We do what we say we're going to do - and we make a positive impact on our world through constant learning, innovative thinking, and passion for the work. We ensure that we offer personal development to all within our organisation which allows you to progress your career and offer the opportunity to be mentored by industry recognised Technical Leaders in their field, who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Along with offering a competitive salary, you will become part of a collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment. We welcome and encourage any aspiring engineer who shares our fascination with construction, design and a wonder for how things work, and who looks at the world with curiosity and vision. Our Business
Richter was founded to execute projects as efficiently as possible, to the maximum ethical standard. We deliver engineering works with a deep consideration for every conceivable aspect.
We're continually developing ourselves - as engineers, as a company, and as individuals - to construct in a way that protects natural resources, and create true harmony with the world around us. We're here to inspire our peers in the industry to be bolder and think bigger - and support younger generations to pursue a career in engineering.
Richter is an engineering design consultancy specialising in temporary works design and construction sequences. Our team of civil, structural and geotechnical engineers have a wealth of experience working on buildings, bridges, geotechnical, marine work, refurbishments, railways, infrastructure and demolition. There is no construction challenge we cannot accept.
We have an impressive portfolio of projects, and are known for taking on and delivering the complex projects that others cannot with a company culture that drives forward our success. We are a collaborative organisation that supports each other as individuals and as a firm to deliver the best possible solution to the project, thus maintaining our reputation for innovation and lateral thinking to ensure we provide the most economical and least wasteful solution to engineering schemes.
You cannot build the world without Richter - we build to improve the way we all live. We engineer value, together. Please apply with your CV
. To all recruitment agencies:
Richter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Richter is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.