MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking a PhD candidate in economics or a Masters level candidate with relevant experience in analyzing emerging markets to join the Macro Research group within the Global Investment Research (GIR) division. Focusing primarily on African economies, the position is in the CEEMEA Economics Team, which provides economic cove! rage of emerging markets in Africa, Central and E astern Europe and the Middle East. The primary role of the team is to analyze macroeconomic developments affecting these economies, often with a view to gauging the asset market implications of those developments. This role reports to our co-heads of Emerging Markets Economics in EMEA. Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Generate unique, thematic written research
- Develop quantitative models to forecast economic growth, inflation, and interest rates
- Interpret and comment on high-frequency economic data releases
- Build and maintain economic models
- Present economic/market views to external and internal clients
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- PhD in Economics or Masters with relevant experience
- Fluency in French would be an advantage
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A proven capability for original and thought-provoking research
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a close team setting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to interact with global stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity