Job Title - UK Indirect Tax Compliance ManagerLocation - Corby (NN17 5JF)
As the UK Indirect Tax Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for accurate completion and timely submission of indirect tax returns, and other indirect tax compliance requirements for all UK companies.
You will work with internal and external service providers and other external VAT consultants where appropriate. You will be the first point of contact for the Centre of Excellence, and wider business, for UK Indirect Tax compliance issues; ensuring the Group Indirect Tax Manager and VP Group Tax are kept updated.
You will work with the Group Indirect Tax Manager to design and deliver processes and procedures for implementing indirect tax policy. This will include the use of Continuous Improvement ("CI") or similar methodologies, to identify process and system improvements. You will also monitor changes in legislation and work with the Group Indirect Tax Manager to implement changes to maintain compliance for UK business units.
Reporting to the Vice President of Group Tax, you will be a part of an organization that promotes personal development, growth, and career progression and who will provide you with the tools and training you need to excel in the industry.What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role
Indirect Tax Returns & Reconciliations
- Reviewing all (UK & Ireland) Indirect Tax returns, keeping the Group Indirect Tax Manager and other internal stakeholders informed
- Managing the progress of returns ensuring that potential issues are identified and followed up in a timely manner
- Acting as primary liaison between the Group Indirect Tax Manager, outsourced providers, Group Operational Audit, Finance and Centre of Excellence teams, ensuring that issues are properly resolved by the appropriate parties.
- Providing support across the team to reduce the risk of non-compliance due to short-term absences
- Supporting VAT General Ledger reconciliations, providing information to the COE for internal and external audit purposes
- Liaising with Finance teams to ensure that VAT related Finance processes such as payment preparation, journals and input of data are completed on a timely and complete basis
- Assisting the Group Indirect Tax Manager with the transition of new business areas into the Group Indirect Tax return process
- Other general VAT related tasks and reports as required
- Responding to indirect tax compliance questions, in a timely manner, ensuring that relevant options are reviewed, and recommendations are provided and documented.
- Maintaining contact with the tax authorities and assist with audits as required
- Monitoring changes to indirect tax legislation and provide analysis and support for any system or process changes required.
Continuous Improvement (CI)
What you will need to be successful in this position:
- Providing input to CI or other projects arising from indirect tax issues and questions, to ensure that proposed solutions are in line with known compliance requirements
- Driving CI identification and initiation, through analysis of VAT returns or legislative changes, to provide opportunities for efficiencies within COE or local Finance team processes
- Working with the Group Indirect Tax Manager to identify and implement indirect tax led SAP system configuration and VAT code set-up changes, including changes to related reports
- Managing indirect tax testing processes, for SAP system configuration changes, to include analysis of implications for indirect tax compliance and reporting.
- Hands on approach; experience of producing UK VAT returns or reviewing UK VAT data
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible working style with the ability to embrace change and multi task
- Ability to work independently, but within a team environment
- Demonstrable understanding of risk management
- Reliability, enthusiasm, drive and determination.
- Ability to build working relationships and communicate confidently and effectively at all levels of the business, as well as various stakeholder groups (where applicable).
- Shows evidence of all the Group values and ways of working
Strong leadership drives tangible benefits for our business and is core to our success. Our Amazing Leaders are required to show their passion for our people, customers and suppliers. They must act with humility to create an environment where our people can make amazing happen and they will demonstrate trust by leading by example by taking accountability and ownership. The good stuff
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you'd expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexibly - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. If you need some flexibility, please just ask us and we'll be happy to discuss it with you.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?We are RS
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where our people get to bring their true self work every day and thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
We recognise that we're not perfect when it comes to being a truly diverse organisation yet. However, we are passionate about diversity and are proactively working to build an organisation where everyone can see themselves succeed here.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we're our customers' one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we've kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we're using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We're proud of what we've done, but we're not sitting back. We're always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We're transforming markets and the impact of technology. We've widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.We've been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?