Senior Systems Engineer
Would you like to work for an organisation that operates on a truly global platform and can offer a wide range of opportunities where you can play your part in these challenging and exciting projects? We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Systems Engineer at our site in Filton.
As an Engineering Specialist - Systems Engineering, you will be providing technical oversight of the GFX Project to ensure the design is complete and can be safely delivered and integrated into the Type 26 platform.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to gain a good overview of the Type 26 programme. You will gain good visibility within the business and experience on a key programme. Your main responsibilities as a Senior Systems Engineer will involve:
Your skills and qualifications as a Senior Systems Engineer:
- Being responsible for the correct engineering interpretation of Government Furnished Information (GFI) as it affects the delivery and embodiment of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) into Type 26, and for the formulation of engineering material in support of the transfer of Government Furnished Assets (GFA) systems to BAE Systems procurement responsibility
- Liaising with a range of stakeholders to correctly interpret MOD delivered information (GFI) as it pertains to the embodiment of GFE into the T26 Combat System
- Supporting Technical Leads in determining engineering baselines associated with GFA systems such that GFE delivery matches the technical design intent for installation
- Liaising regularly with the Customer and giving input to routine reporting cycles
- Ensuring safety systems into overall combat system
- Giving a structured handover of approved transfers to the T26 CS team
What we're looking for in you:
- Systems Engineering experience working accross complex programmes
- Knowledge of the full engineering lifecycle
- Ability to quickly assimilate engineering issues and define solutions and opportunities
- Innovative in developing solutions that satisfy the needs of the project teams within tight time and cost restraints and a willingness to challenge traditional methods
- Ability to operate in a large, complex project at engineering management level in a multi-disciplinary, matrix management environment
- Experience of managing Combat Systems engineering with the Maritime domain would be desirable
- Knowledge and experience in use of corporate governance processes to Life Cycle Management guidelines would be beneficial
You will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. You will be highly committed with good self-motivation. You will have an analytical mind along with good Technical knowledge and problem-solving skills. You will also be an effective networker who can influence others effectively. Location:
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive. BAE Systems
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. We search for new ways to provide our customers with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of 85,800 people in more than 40 countries, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our Naval Ships business
We design and manufacture a range of naval ships and state of the art combat systems and equipment, giving customers the capability to fulfil extensive naval operations. From offshore patrol vessels through to the latest City Class Type 26 frigates that we are building for the UK Royal Navy, and the Australian Hunter Class and Canadian Surface Combatant, we are a business that operates on a truly global platform and can offer a wide range of opportunities where you can play your part in these challenging and exciting projects.
Attracting and retaining the sharpest minds is essential for a globally competitive UK naval engineering business. Our aim is to recruit the very best talent and we welcome applications from a diverse range of people, from all backgrounds, with many different skills, experience and perspectives. We offer the flexibility you need to do what's important to you, whether that's job sharing, home working, or simply the ability to flex your start and stop times. Where practical, we'll support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your full potential. At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.For more information on our Diversity & Inclusion work, please click here. Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.