The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George's Park.
This exciting role will support the delivery of an excellent physiotherapy programme to England Men's pathway teams (U15 - U20), helping to develop healthy and available players who are ready to perform now and in the future. Please be aware this is a casual contract, running until 31st July 2022.
- Lead the delivery of proactive physiotherapy and related services to a specific men's team/s as required
- Support the development and delivery of a physiotherapy and performance medicine curriculum for pathway teams.
- Support the acute injury management and rehabilitation of England players in line with department frameworks
- Ensure clear communication of player status to coaching staff and other multi-disciplinary team (MDT) members on camp
- Contribute to the planning and review of England team events through the MDT process
- Keep physiotherapy records of all consultations, ensuring records are confidential and secure via an Athlete Management System
- Effectively capture, record , and utilize data to support player management
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with men's national coaches and performance support staff to ensure an effective multi-disciplinary approach to delivery
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with physiotherapy and medical colleagues in clubs to enable knowledge of and management of international players to ensure a smooth and effective transition of care between environments
- Ensure the management of camp related kit and consumables for specific mens team/s as required
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
What we are looking forThe successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills and experience:
In addition, candidates would ideally need to possess the following:
- Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered
- Member of the CSP or equivalent
- BSc in Physiotherapy or the equivalent
- MSc in Sports Physiotherapy, Strength and Conditioning, Sports Medicine, or another related field (or currently completing)
- Be available for cover at short notice
- Extensive experience as a physiotherapist in elite sport
- Excellent evidence-based physiotherapy and rehabilitation delivery skills
- Ability to show adaptability and make impact in teams when providing cover at short notice
- Outstanding ability to communicate and build relationships with players, staff, and wider groups of stakeholders
- Ability to interpret and utilize data related to athlete health and physical performance
- Experience utilizing Athlete Management Systems, and Microsoft operating systems
- Track record of successfully integrating into a MDT of staff
- Good planning and prioritisation skills
- Experience travelling with teams in an elite sporting environment
- Current ATMMIF qualification, or recognized equivalent
- Experience in international sport
- Experience in international or club football
- Interest in developing and delivering against Individual Development Plans.
- Special expertise in long term athlete development/adolescent medicine, data science/research, rehabilitation, or female athlete health
- Experience working in multiple sports, or in differing cultures/environments
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.