CompanyJob Title: Motor Engineer - Engineering DepartmentLocation: Flexible, Homebased, Head office in Tunbridge Wells, Kent Salary: Up to £35,000 dep on exp + bonus + excellent benefitsTerm: Full Time & flexible working opportunities availableShifts: Between 8.00 am - 5.30 pm Monday to Friday, with no weekend work required This is the job
We're part of The AA group, the nation's number one motoring organisation. AA Insurance supports millions of customers with our products and services and is an essential part of our vision to make life easier for Britain's drivers.
The insurance claims team in Tunbridge Wells is one of the fastest growing areas in our business; starting out with a group of 4, the newly refurbished office is now home to more than 130 employees just 3 short years later. We've got exciting plans to continue our growth over the coming year, meaning there's lots of opportunities for you to kickstart a career in Insurance with us.What will I be doing?
As a Motor Engineer, we'll look to you to provide our customers with a world class claims service by ensuring that their claims are assessed quickly, and if valid are settled in the shortest possible time.
The Engineering team deal with all aspects of both Insured and Third-party motor inspections, using state of the art technology to receive and audit estimates prior to authorising repairs to our Approved Repairer Network as well as Customer Nominated Repairers in a timely and cost effective manner. Use your technical knowledge and expertise to deliver outstanding claims cost control in line with agreed company procedures / industry standards. The Engineers also inspect and deal with all total loss claims including pre-theft and fire valuation and negotiation. Support is given to all aspects of the business by the team to assist in the claims process for both insured and third party to expedite settlement and minimise costs. You'll also monitor the performance of our Approved Repairers, recognising potential areas of improvement and relationship building.What do I need?Who we're looking for
You'll already know about insurance, liability and indemnity, have a good knowledge of motor vehicle construction and modern repair techniques and may have worked in a similar Motor Engineer role previously. Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
Additional InformationWhy should you work for us?We are dedicated to your personal development.
- Member of either IMI / IRTE / ATA / VDA or be working towards (or willing to do so).
- Motor Claims knowledge including a basic understanding of insurance principles
- Good working knowledge of computerised damage estimating systems, including Audatex
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with our customers.
- Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to our customers
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and where required be able to use own initiative.
- PC literate with good administrative skills
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
- Graduate preferred, but minimum 6 GCSEs including Maths & English at Grade C or above or demonstrable ability in numeracy skills & written English
As a valued employee of The AA, you'll have access to a range of benefits, as well as learning and development opportunities including:
- Range of flexible working options available including working from home and part time hours
- 25 days holidays a year
- A lifestyle scheme that gives you access to discounted shopping vouchers, cinema vouchers, gym membership, days out, holidays and more
- Staff Pension
- Our internal development programme for Emerging Talent
- A 50% discount on your AA membership, which becomes completely free after 12 months
- Discounts on wider AA products and services (Car insurance, home insurance etc...)
- Free onsite parking at our office
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social Committee
- Extra Mile - our Reward and Recognition scheme
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Click apply and start your application today!What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.