Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this role is part of a team responsible for the preparation and delivery of internal and external reporting of the consolidated Hiscox Group results. This includes reporting monthly MI to senior executives, working with business unit teams to resolve issues. External reporting requirements include finance inputs into the quarterly Stock Exchange announcements, IFRS financial statements and associated disclosures as well as regulatory reporting to the Bermuda Monetary Authority.Key Responsibilities :
- Preparing the monthly Group Financial reporting analysis for submission to the executive management, including performance analysis against budget.
- Preparation of finance inputs into the quarterly stock exchange announcements.
- Liaise with Business Unit and legal entity counterparts and financial controllers to understand results drivers and resolve reporting issues.
- Assist with preparation of the published Group IFRS financial statements, providing support for the half and full year external financial reporting results.
- Preparation of inputs into the quarterly and year end Bermuda Monetary Authority regulatory submissions.
- You'll support ad-hoc finance projects such as IFRS17.
- Reviews over controls environment and assisting implementing changes as required.
- You'll assist in other group reporting requirements to include ABIR, rating agency submissions and other statistical data requirements.
Person Specification: Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience required:
- Qualified Accountant
- IFRS and insurance industry experience is essential
- Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, insurance specialist accountancy firm or multinational company
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to use own initiative and to work well alone and as part of a team
- Prepared to work longer hours during financial reporting season
- Working knowledge of the standard Microsoft environment
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass market insurance products. Instead we are selective and focus on our key areas of expertise and strength - all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way of doing things.
We insure the unique and the interesting. And we search for the same when it comes to talented people. Hiscox is full of smart, reliable human beings that look out for customers and each other. We believe in doing the right thing, making good and rebuilding when things go wrong. Everyone is encouraged to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions.
Scratch beneath the surface and you will find a business that is solid, but slightly contrary. We like to do things differently and constantly seek to evolve. We might have been around for a long time (our roots go back to 1901), but we are young in many ways, ambitious and going places.
Some people might say insurance is dull, but life at Hiscox is anything but. If that sounds good to you, get in touch.Diversity and Working Patterns
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We have also learned over the past 15 months that working life doesn't always have to be in the office, and when it's safe to do so, we will be introducing a hybrid way of working to encourage a healthy work life balance. We anticipate the successful candidate for this role will be in the office up to 3 days a week. We see it as the best of both worlds: structure and sociability on one hand, and independence and flexibility on the other.
#LI-AS1If you would like to know more about the role, or you are having any difficulties with the application process please send your CV and the four-digit job ref number to