Finance Change Project ManagerReporting to:
Finance Change Portfolio ManagerAbout the Team
The Finance Change Portfolio delivers programmes and projects to our Finance community both in the UK and abroad. Currently we are focussed on delivery of the IFRS 17 Programme and a number of Finance Change Projects, and we are seeking PMs for the Portfolio to support these - roles to be discussed with applicants according to their expertise and experience.The Role
We're looking for dynamic PMs with excellent interpersonal skills who have the ability to ruthlessly prioritise. You will need to have a pragmatic approach to problem solving and be able to communicate the outcomes to a wide audience.What you'll be doing as the Project Manager:
- Build strong productive relationships across the programme and within IT and the business to ensure the delivery of multiple streams of work
- Create, amend and maintain detailed yet pragmatic project plans
- Engage and drive delivery from multiple teams including implementation partners and/or other third party partners
- Identify and resolve business and supplier issues in order to ensure that projects can be delivered on time, within budget and to quality targets
- Assess and manage major risks associated with the delivery of the project
- Ensure key stakeholders, internally and externally, are aware of what is required and when
- Regularly report progress to senior stakeholders as required
Person Specification: Our must-haves:
Nice to have:
- Experience working in financial services, with a preference for general insurance
- Extensive experience managing challenging stakeholders up to Executive level
- Experienced working as a Project Manager in an environment of multiple projects with challenging timeframes and deliverables.
- Exposure to the full project life cycle, from inception to user acceptance testing and initial live running with the experience to use the correct level of control.
- Experience of detailed project planning and management, across people, process and systems.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business
- Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a fast paced environment
- Experience of managing delivery partners through an onshore / offshore model
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass market insurance products. Instead we are selective and focus on our key areas of expertise and strength - all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way of doing things.
We insure the unique and the interesting. And we search for the same when it comes to talented people. Hiscox is full of smart, reliable human beings that look out for customers and each other. We believe in doing the right thing, making good and rebuilding when things go wrong. Everyone is encouraged to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions.
Scratch beneath the surface and you will find a business that is solid, but slightly contrary. We like to do things differently and constantly seek to evolve. We might have been around for a long time (our roots go back to 1901), but we are young in many ways, ambitious and going places.
Some people might say insurance is dull, but life at Hiscox is anything but. If that sounds good to you, get in touch.
Diversity and Working Patterns
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We have also learned over the past 15 months that working life doesn't always have to be in the office, and when it's safe to do so, we will be introducing a hybrid way of working to encourage a healthy work life balance. We anticipate the successful candidate for this role will be in the office up to 3 days a week. We see it as the best of both worlds: structure and sociability on one hand, and independence and flexibility on the other.
#LI-AS1If you would like to know more about the role, or you are having any difficulties with the application process please send your CV and the four-digit job ref number to