The Credit Technology team is focused on delivering best in class IT solutions to the Credit business where JP Morgan is a market leader. We are a team of around 300 people and partner closely with the quant research group and face off directly to the trading desks. Our core strength is providing technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to generate revenue and remain the dominant player in the market. We are committed to hiring the brightest and best technical experts and in return can offer roles with direct trading and quant interaction on projects related to data management and integration with electronic and algorithmic trading.
We are looking to hire a front office facing data engineering leader, to work in our London team focused on continuing the build out of data services for the Credit Trading business that we support.
The successful candidate will focus on development of our strategic data platform and partner closely with our business stakeholders, quantitative research partners and broader technology team of highly-skilled and business-aligned technologists. The team is responsible for data integration with our trading platform that is used by the Credit Trading business globally.
The role will combine all aspects of software development from design and build to deployment, working within a global team of experienced technologists. It requires expertise building high quality and reusable components in a service-oriented architecture. The successful candidate must be comfortable facing off directly to senior business stakeholders in a high pressure, challenging role with a focus on solving business problems via technology in a fast changing environment: time to market is critical, but without compromising on quality or performance.
- Partner with business leaders and quants on the design, build and delivery of our data workflows.
- Develop robust, performant data systems using the most suitable technology choices. Align development with the overall Credit trading strategy.
- Develop software for; real-time consumption of data in a low latency system, data replay and back testing, monitoring and alerting
- Work closely with senior business stakeholders and traders on a day-to-day basis
- Introduce new technologies and solutions to increase operational stability and to increase productivity
- Global Credit Trading business and Quant Research team.
- Global Production Support & Infrastructure teams.
- Other Credit Technology teams and core infrastructure support teams.
- Opportunity to work closely with a best-in-class trading business on projects that directly impact revenue.
- Direct Exposure to a strategic firm-wide technology platform that spans multiple functions and asset classes.
- Fast paced, dynamic environment with significant opportunities for career growth.
- Strong analytical development skills, solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and experience in real-time, high performance and eTrading areas.
- Strong grasp of object oriented design and programming, multi-threaded programming and middleware technologies (e.g. RMDS, Informatica UM, Chronicle, AMPS, Tibco, Kafka).
- Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems with technology and an ability to quickly translate requirements into a sound technical design and implementation.
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Ideal candidate has experience with design and development in a multi-tier messaging based architecture. Experience should include building low latency, high throughput, scalable, fault-tolerant systems.
- An understanding of virtual machine architecture including memory management, garbage collection and hotspot compiler is a plus.
- Strong database skills and experience with SQL, noSQL databases
- Continuous deployment skills: Jenkins, Chef, Bamboo
- Containerization with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with SCM tools: Spring, Maven, Git.
- Unix/Linux command line and shell scripting.
- The ideal candidate will likely be qualified to degree level in Computer Science, Maths or related engineering discipline.
- Strong technology generalist - experience building highly performant and resilient applications used within a high performance/real-time environment.
- Exposure and familiarity working in an Agile/Scrum environment is required for this role