MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our Securities Lending role involves working in a dynamic front-office trading environment as a part of the global team. You'll be responsible for designing, writing, reviewing, testing and implementing a variety of scalable applications leveraging the latest firm wide technologies. The applications we develop include inventory and risk management, calculating client accruals, and facilitating internal/external trading flows.
Securities Lending is under taking a wide scale review and rebuild or our core trading workflows and interface. You will be a key developer aligned to this effort working closely with business stakeholders building out our new trading tooling. You will be expected to implement and suggest best development practices/methodologies to deliver high quality software throughout our UI stack.
Our end to end technology stack runs the firm's Securities Lending business. We build innovative tech solutions for our business, allowing them to serve their hedge fund clients and institutional lenders. Our highly technical team, sitting close to our traders, work together delivering solutions with a particular focus on micro services and trader UX. We're agile, global and diverse. We currently have a strong focus on further automating our flows to enable us to increase our volumes to various electronic venues in a way that provides scale, transparency and control.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
Skills and Experience we are Looking For
- You will be relied upon to be proactive in your approach, managing both daily tasks and a project role
- You will work closely with the global Sec Lending tech team demonstrating strong communication skills and initiative
- You work closely with the Sec Lending and other GS execution desks to understand business requirements and objectives
- You will look to drive architectural design and technical decisions, and be empowered to deliver highly testable and scalable solutions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor in Software Engineer, Computer Science, or the equivalent in demonstrable work experience
- Strong knowledge of React or equivalent, node & front end web development experience
- Understanding of REST and Websocket UI integration
- Strong team working and communication skills are essential to manage the business interaction and the global nature of projects
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with designers and user-experience experts, working from wireframes, design comps, or HTML/CSS/JS handoffs
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity