Technical Services Engineer - Level 3 Infrastructure
As a Digital Transformation Partner, we accompany companies into the digital future. Our range of IT solutions includes consulting, implementation, services and the operation of IT systems. Our Customers benefit from our extensive expertise and our innovative portfolio that covers the IT requirements necessary for a successful digital transformation.
Worldwide, we employ over 3,000 employees and have offices in Germany, Austria, Belgium, The UK and The U.S.A. The CANCOM Group is headed up by Rudolf Hotter (CEO) and Thomas Stark (CFO) and the company's headquarters is in Munich.
In 2018, the CANCOM Group acquired UK businesses Ocean Intelligent Communication and OCSL. This formed CANCOM Group's UK hub, and CANCOM UK was born. A year later, in 2019, Novosco was acquired, along with its offices present throughout Ireland (Ireland and Northern Ireland). In January 2021, CANCOM UK&I was formed after three acquisitions completed in both the UK and Ireland by the CANCOM Group.Main purpose of the job:
To help determine customer needs, as the customers first point of contact with Novosco this is a vital role within the organisation. Employees within this area are expected to work independently and use their own initiative. They perform the full range of duties required in providing solutions to our customer base, and the successful candidate will have advanced general troubleshooting skills. Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arises, and will be fully aware of operating procedures and policies.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and qualities required:
- Provision of support, both remotely and at customer premises working with computer users to resolve problems and answer questions on a variety of hardware components and software programs.
- Other relevant and appropriate activities as required.
- In addition to the above duties and responsibilities the post holder must be prepared to undertake such additional duties which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity change the general character or level of responsibility to the post.
- Work on roll-out and delivery of IT projects
- Investigate the problem whilst keeping in contact with the customer and logging notes in the system.
- Please note that this job description is subject to ongoing review as new demands and best working practices are considered, agreed and implemented.
Education and Qualifications:
- Intermediate to advanced skills with regards to the administration, configuration and troubleshooting in Microsoft technologies ((Active Directory, SCCM, GPO, DNS, DHCP, Server Administration 2008, and above, Office 365, Remote Desktop Services, IIS, Certificate Services etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced skills with regards to administration, configuration and troubleshooting with VMware (vSphere, VSAN, ESXi)
- Intermediate to advanced skills with regards to administration, configuration, troubleshooting Skills in Microsoft: SCCM, Exchange, Shares and Data management
- An understanding of network technologies (TCP/IP, VPN, DHCP/DNS, Firewall etc.)
- Cisco UCS, DELL EMC Unity Storage, HPE StoreOnce, HPE Qumulo, Ivanti patch management, McAfee EPO or other anti-virus products, and many other systems.
- One or more of the following: Microsoft, VMware certifications, Veeam, HPE, DELL EMC.
- A high level of self-motivation together with a willingness to learn new skills.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to the job.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Can demonstrate exceptional levels of customer service and care.
- Good communication, organisation and presentation skills including the ability to write clear and concise proposals.
- Strong time management and coordination skills.
- A full driving license - preferably clean, however consideration will be given to people with low number of points.
Monday to Friday, 9 - 5:30pm (37.5 hours per week), with a 1-hour unpaid lunch break per daySalary:
Benefits & Perks: Includes: 25 days annual leave, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, employee assistance programme, online discounts & savings platform, free parking, spot bonus scheme, recruitment bounty scheme, free fruit Monday, dress down Friday, Fundraising, Sports & Social club.Start date:
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Due to our location, access to own transport is essential.
Please click to apply and include a covering letter (which includes salary expectations) along with your CV outlining the skills and experience that make you the ideal candidate for this position.
We look forward to hearing from you!About us:
Join us at the forefront. Put your talent to the test. Make leaps in your field. CANCOM is a creative, collaborative place, delivering transformative results with remarkable technology for remarkable clients daily. Working here is challenging, rewarding and exciting. We welcome adaptable, enterprising professionals and invest heavily in their development.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92754670