Technical Services Team Lead Networks - Level 3
As a Digital Transformation Partner, we accompany companies into the digital future. Our range of IT solutions includes consulting, implementation, services and the operation of IT systems. Our Customers benefit from our extensive expertise and our innovative portfolio that covers the IT requirements necessary for a successful digital transformation.
Worldwide, we employ over 3,000 employees and have offices in Germany, Austria, Belgium, The UK and The U.S.A. The CANCOM Group is headed up by Rudolf Hotter (CEO) and Thomas Stark (CFO) and the company's headquarters is in Munich.
In 2018, the CANCOM Group acquired UK businesses Ocean Intelligent Communication and OCSL. This formed CANCOM Group's UK hub, and CANCOM UK was born. A year later, in 2019, Novosco was acquired, along with its offices present throughout Ireland (Ireland and Northern Ireland). In January 2021, CANCOM UK&I was formed after three acquisitions completed in both the UK and Ireland by the CANCOM Group.Main purpose of the job:
To lead and develop the team to help determine customer needs, as the customers first point of contact with Cancom this is a vital role within the organisation. Employees within this area are expected to work independently and use their own initiative. They perform the full range of duties required in providing solutions to our customer base, and the successful candidate will have advanced general troubleshooting skills. Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arises and will be fully aware of operating procedures and policies.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and qualities required:
- Provision of support, both remotely and at customer premises working with computer users to resolve problems and answer questions on a variety of hardware components and software programs.
- Line manager for existing team.
- Other relevant and appropriate activities as required.
- In addition to the above duties and responsibilities the post holder must be prepared to undertake such additional duties which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity change the general character or level of responsibility to the post.
- Please note that this job description is subject to ongoing review as new demands and best working practices are considered, agreed, and implemented.
- Management of the business system data including our Disaster Recovery systems
- Supporting all network and security infrastructure (LAN / WAN / WLAN / Firewalls / Application/VPN, Delivery Controllers etc.)
- Day-to-day maintenance and operation of the above in secure environments.
- Implementation of any new systems related to these areas.
- Continual improvement of the systems based on changing demands.
- Liaising with various departments within the business.
- Coordinating with 3rd party suppliers and partners to support, maintain and implement these systems.
- Control and support of Internet access
- Ensuring business data is backed up and securely held off-site
- Daily management and monitoring of core network systems in the Network Operations Centre using ITIL principles.
- Datacentre visits for hardware and software maintenance and installation
- 24/7 support cover
Education and Qualifications: one or more of the following:
- Experience of supporting a broad range of Network Technologies at a senior level.
- Extensive knowledge of LAN / WAN / WLAN management, Cisco ISE & DNA, Cisco, Meraki
- Extensive experience of supporting and understanding of Firewalls Cisco Threat Defence HA , Forcepoint, Juniper, Fortinet, Watchguard, Palo Alto.
- Extensive experience of CISCO products including, AnyConnect, ISE, DNA Centre, SDWAN, CISCO CUCM
- A good understanding of IT Networks infrastructure and the ability for fault find and document these networks end to end.
- Email protection management products - Barracuda, checkpoint, Mimecast, Forcepoint, Fortinet
- Extensive working knowledge of monitoring solutions, SolarWinds, What's Up Gold, Auvik.
- Experience with service provider or enterprise network environments
- The ability to work on own initiative and to address and resolve problems in a busy environment.
- Able to resolve incidents in the Network environment used by the customer.
- CISCO CCNP.
- Fortinet NSE 4&5 certification.
- Certification in leading a team (ILM/CMI)
- Experiences of Fortinet WSA and ESA and Fortinet Manager.
- Experience of managing a team of technical engineers.
- A high level of self-motivation together with a willingness to learn new skills.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to the job.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Can demonstrate exceptional levels of customer service and care.
- Good communication, organisation and presentation skills including the ability to write clear and concise proposals.
- Strong time management and coordination skills.
- A full driving license - preferably clean, however consideration will be given to people with low number of points.
Monday to Friday, 9 - 5:30pm (37.5 hours per week), with a 1-hour unpaid lunch break per daySalary:
Benefits & Perks: Includes: 25 days annual leave, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, employee assistance programme, online discounts & savings platform, free parking, spot bonus scheme, recruitment bounty scheme, free fruit Monday, dress down Friday, Fundraising, Sports & Social club.Start date:
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Due to our location, access to own transport is essential.
Please click to apply and include a covering letter (which includes salary expectations) along with your CV outlining the skills and experience that make you the ideal candidate for this position.
We look forward to hearing from you!About us:
Join us at the forefront. Put your talent to the test. Make leaps in your field. CANCOM is a creative, collaborative place, delivering transformative results with remarkable technology for remarkable clients daily. Working here is challenging, rewarding and exciting. We welcome adaptable, enterprising professionals and invest heavily in their development.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92754984