Our mission is to simplify pharmacy.
Echo is an exciting, cutting-edge tech organisation that has created a mobile app that allows people to manage their NHS repeat prescription orders online. Founded by patients, our mission is to simplify pharmacy and in doing so radically improve medical adherence.
We spend £17bn on medicine every year, and half of all medicine isn't taken as directed, this is a huge drain on NHS resources. Beyond waste, if people don't take their medicine properly they are more likely to get ill. To deliver this we have to be agile, creative and challenge the status quo of dispensing. Echo is solving this by using technology to make it easier for patients to get and take their medicine. We aim to radically improve medicines adherence by making it easier for people to get, take and manage their meds.
Founded in 2015, we're a diverse, inclusive team of 200 people based in Perivale or working remotely, where we run one of England's busiest pharmacies. Echo was VC backed, until May 2019, at which point we were acquired by McKesson UK, who we partner with, while remaining fiercely independent. Now more than ever we have to ensure we deliver on this mission to enable elderly and vulnerable patients to get access to their medication, in a simple, safe and efficient way. Right now, Echo is directly making a significant impact on the fight against Covid-19.
We are a passionate and friendly group of pharmacists, dispensers, fulfilment associates, engineers, developers, designers and everything in between, working towards the goal of making it easier for people to get and manage their medicine.
We are dedicated to creating opportunities and reducing barriers for everyone, we are committed to ensuring that any forms of discrimination or biases are excluded from our recruitment and selection process, performance management and pay, and that promotion and retention is fairly granted across all our operations. We are committed to seeking 'belonging', here at Echo. The space where we represent and understand our diversity, promote and encourage our equality and inevitably create a space where we are all free to grow and demonstrate our talents...a place where we ALL belong.The Role
We're looking for ACTs to help conduct the final accuracy check of medications once they have been dispensed in a non patient facing environment.Requirements
We are looking for someone who
- Is registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council and holds an ACT certificate
- Is able to work full time (37.5 h/week), shift patterns;
- Currently operating the following shifts 6am - 2pm and 2.30pm - 10.30pm (Monday - Friday, each shift will include 0.5h unpaid lunch break
- Can demonstrate knowledge and competence at ACT level
- Is flexible to work in shift patterns, including Saturday
- Is fast, accurate and efficient worker
- Has a good level of spoken and written English
- Has great attention to detail
- Has organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks at the same time
- Has a can-do attitude you are prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Has an appreciation for the importance of respect and confidentiality in healthcare
- Has the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Has reasonable ability to use technology and systems
- Support our pharmacists with accuracy checking
- Support the dispensing of medicines process
- Keeping the dispensary clean and tidy
- Follow clean as you go policies
- Carry out any duties appropriate to grade/level as required
- To work flexibly within the team and to provide cover as necessary
- Maintain or exceed operational KPI's
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Physical Wellbeing Allowance
- Private Dental Care
- Life Assurance
- Professional subscription fees
- An Individual & Learning Development budget
- Cycle To Work
- Employee Discounts
- Enhance Paternity & Maternity