Job Title: CAD Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Reach Resourcing are currently recruiting a CAD Engineer.
Reach Resourcing are proud to announce that we are currently recruiting a CAD Engineer for our client based in Hull, the UK's largest manufacturer of holiday homes and lodges.
A CAD Engineer - Systems and Routing role has arisen in our clients Technical department. You will provide schematics of plumbing, gas and electrical systems to support NPD projects and current production requirements. Working closely with Process Engineering, CAD & Design and manufacturing functions to develop safe and effective systems for the end user. To deliver information to internal manufacturing teams which meets RFT Quality expectations.
* Use Autodesk 2D and 3D software to generate schematics which effectively communicate the system design requirements to internal manufacturing teams.
* Work with the process owners for plumbing, gas and electrical to develop a system design which delivers a customer specification advised by the Product Management team
* Work with CAD structure / furniture teams to ensure that all new products are production feasible and capable of manufacture within the business.
* Use the design manual and other Standard Operating Plans etc to ensure that NPD processes are fully implemented.
* Work with compliance specialists to ensure that the products meet regulation requirements.
* Work in close conjunction with Subject Matter Experts during Proof of Design Phase to ensure designs meet RFTQ expectations when delivered into full production
* Ensure that all CAD data is checked to the pre-determined quality level before issue to the production line.
* Provide technical CAD data to the BOM team
Essential / Desirable Criteria
* HNC / Degree
* Experience of 3D and 2D CAD software - preferably Autodesk Inventor
* In-depth knowledge of practices used in the industry to create safe and effective plumbing, gas and electrical systems
* Understanding of industry construction and manufacturing processes.
* Knowledge of PLM Autodesk processes
* Trained in the use of PLM & OCRs
* Ensures Safety within Process Engineering, CAD and Product Design.
* Self-motivated on time target driven workload delivery.
* Proactive delivery of production viable products.
* Investigative, questioning and searching team member.
* Strive to exceed internal and external customer expectations.
* Objective based decision making.
* Foster continuous improvement activities
* Considers Design for Manufacture at all stages of the New Product Development process
To apply please visit the Reach Resourcing website, alternatively for more information please call Leon Sewell at Reach Resourcing.
Reach Resourcing recruit for Temporary, Temp-to-Perm and Permanent opportunities working Industrial, Manufacturing, Engineering, Construction, Production and Modular sectors throughout the region. If this role is not suitable for you, we would be happy to have an informal discussion regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful