2 Year fixed term contract
Location: Luton office based 1 or 2 days per week + home based
Are you an IT security and risk expert looking to take a next step? Do you want to join a Top Rated Glassdoor Employer and UK Top 2 Software Company?
My client is a top provider of IT managed services to public sector organisations. This opening is to work as part of a team with a local authority to develop and manage ongoing risk auditing and security across their systems.
Responsibilities will include -
* Ensure that the service is compliant to all applicable Authority and Public Sector Information Governance, Policies, Procedures, Frameworks, Codes of Practice, Legislation and Guidance as may prevail from time to time;
* Be responsible for achieving and maintaining relevant accreditations for the Service
* Develop policies and standards with the Authority to cover all aspects of security
* Ensure that the Service including all data, data processing facilities and systems, networks and End User Devices is protected against malicious attack, virus, malware, spyware, unauthorised intrusion, data theft and data corruption
* Ensure that all systems will be configured with appropriate security settings, access controls and policy enforcement
* Ensure access to services is secured and authenticated appropriately (e.g. two factor for external access)
* Ensure that all systems targeted for disposal will have all information securely and irrevocably erased before disposal (to agreed standards and policies)
* Be responsible for local team knowledge of risk assessments and the overall risk process
* Drive inherent knowledge and appreciation of risk throughout the team so that it becomes an integral part of business operations
* Liaise with the organisation to review risks on a regular basis and demonstrate that appropriate mitigating actions are being taken where required through business reporting, as required
* Maintain documented evidence of reported risks and mitigations through a published tracker
* Be the SME for risk related questions
To be considered you will need to have worked as a security manager, risk manager or compliance manager and have CSSP accreditation. You should also demonstrate the following -
* Previous experience of Security Management regimes and approaches
* Demonstrable experience of a complex, technical environment
* Excellent attention to detail
* Demonstrable ability to apply methodical and logical approach to problem solving
* Ability to inspire co-operation and co-ordinate activities across teams, with emphasis on stakeholder working
* Ability to make decisions and drive solutions
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
* Familiarity with current technologies utilised within the ITO marketplace
* Excellent stakeholder management
* Knowledge of Local Authority compliance requirement & industry best practice
About The Company
My client are a leading provider of digital solutions and managed services for public sector and regulated markets. They help organisations around the world to deliver better outcomes for people and places.
Recognised Gold Standard 'Investors in People'
My client's exceptional team and culture sets them apart. They take great pride in their people and culture - supporting and celebrating the talents, qualities and vital contributions of everyone in the global team.
Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
* Flexible working
* Employee Awards
* Range of benefits
In return my client can offer a competitive salary & package and the opportunity join a leading software and solutions company that has gone through a sustained period of growth