I am recruiting a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Controller to join an established Consumer Engagement agency based in Shoreditch.
You will be joining a friendly, energetic, hardworking and extremely competent team focused on getting the most out of each day, achieving the highest level for every project, and servicing every client to the best of their ability. This is not an agency where you can coast or hide. But if you like to push yourself, learn lots, be exposed to lots of different aspects of the agency landscape, have lots of contact with all levels of seniority within the business...and enjoy working hard AND playing hard - then you will thrive here!
The role of the Financial Controller will be to ensure the company's books and records are kept up to date, all processing is completed in a timely fashion, the company's finances are kept in good order, and regulatory reporting is filed within deadlines and management is kept up to date on the performance of the company. The agency is growing and now needs someone to adhere to the strictest of accounting practices and reporting. You will be tasked will driving compliance together with the accountants.
- Books and Records: Maintain the company's books and records including raising invoices, processing of supplier charges, reconciling bank accounts and credit card transactions and providing reports as required.
- Taxes: Ensure the company reports its taxes correctly, on time and are paid on time.
- Financial Control: Ensure the company is in control of its finances, all payments out are authorised, clients are paying their bills according to contract and control accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Job costing: Maintain the company's books and records such that job profitability reports can be run off accurately and timely. This will require ensuring field staff keep their timesheets up to date.
- Reporting: Provide management with monthly profit and loss reports and quarterly 12-month forecasts.
- Risk Management: Maintain a record of the key contracts the company has with both suppliers and clients, ensure the company is adequately insured and maintain the company's fixed asset register.
- HR Administration: Keep the payroll up to date with starters, leavers and changes. Ensure all leavers are reminded of their restrictive covenant.
- Systems and Procedures: Ensure the business's systems are up to date and written financial procedures are in place to support a well-run company.
- Ad Hoc: Assist with ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Liking dogs is a plus as a very friendly and clean pooch comes into the office from time to time to share his calming vibes!
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.