A well-established business named as one of the top 10 'Best Tech Places to Work' at last year's National Technology Awards is looking for a Network/Security Engineer to look after the needs of their impressive, expanding client list. Along with a salary of up to £35,000 per annum, you will also receive a pension, gym membership, onsite parking (other options available) and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
They are a vibrant, fast paced technology company offering friendly and professional IT Support, Services and Solutions to businesses, bringing corporate technology to the SME market - specialising in providing technology solutions from the major global brands (such as Microsoft, HP, and Cisco). Based in modern, stylish offices in Camberley (some home working), this is an at times demanding environment, but genuinely satisfying and great fun. Within the Maintenance and Monitoring team, duties of the Network/Security Engineer include (but are not limited to):
We are looking for a Network/Security Engineer who has the following skills and experiences:
- Being the point of contact for issues, as well as taking responsibility for understanding risks, vulnerability and attack vectors facing the business and clients.
- Performance management of customer networks and making necessary changes.
- Developing and implementing existing and new services and technology.
- Keeping documentation current and up to date and helping to feedback information to other teams in the organisation.
- Assisting the junior individuals where necessary and sharing your knowledge.
- Experience being responsible for Firewalls & switches (Cisco IOS devices, Cisco Meraki, Palo Alto, Zyxel), Network Management including configuration & Patching and strong knowledge of Cisco IOS.
- Strong networking knowledge that can be used to explain and troubleshoot DNS (Record types, propagation, types of DNS server) and Routing and NAT & PAT.
- Knowledge of Intrusion detection systems & Intrusion prevention systems.
- Experience with vulnerability management.
- Experience of network monitoring and configuration (inc SNMP).
- Knowledge of VPN Tunnelling.
- Knowledge of access points/wifi technologies.
- Experience with Security Audits/Cyber Essentials.
- Familiarity with ticketing and reporting systems and comfortability following processes.
- Demonstratable accuracy and attention to detail in work, and a desire to ensure the highest standards are maintained including documentation.
This is a flexible role, working within in a team to provide cover for core hours of 08:00-18:00. Occasional overtime and out of hours work will be required for a role of this nature.
To apply for this role as Network/Security Engineer, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV.