MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: Up to £60,000 (doe)
Benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
The growing workload within MBDA UK has created a fantastic opportunity within the Embedded Software team in Bristol!
The team is tasked with supplying a full range of hard real time software solutions for the next generation of missiles. This unique opening will allow you to develop technical and leadership skills.
We work closely with the Group Leader and Software Architects to ensure consistency and technical excellence in the software produced; whilst also interacting with the Missile Design Authority to ensure clear and concise requirements.
What we're looking for
A natural leader and communicator with experience of making judgements for software development; responsible for delivering the software projects on time on cost and on quality. Applicants with significant, related, software development experience will also be considered for development into the role.
- A strong ability to lead a team of software developers.
- Experience in working in a high technology environment where the quality and accuracy of work is important.
- Understand requirements and available design solutions so that you can produce accurate and cost effective estimates of work to be undertaken.
- A good understanding of software and the software development lifecycle to be able to provide effective management oversight and strategic direction
- An understanding of technology used in the real time embedded software development to enable correct choices to be made when needed
- Project management skills to ensure good planning, delivery and cost control of software developed in the team.
- Knowledge of Software configuration management tools and techniques.
Other desirable qualities are
- Understanding of SysML/UML and targeting C, C++ and or Ada Languages.
- Ability to influence product development strategy.
What's in it for you?
- Our success is built upon the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, exciting and rewarding career.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards.
- A great role for an enthusiastic individual looking to improve their leadership and engineering skills.
- Many of our products and components we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration; consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France, Italy and Germany.
Join a great team!
- The Filton site encompasses approx. 140 Software developers with the Embedded team consisting of about 30 engineers within that who specialise in all aspects embedded real-time systems. These skills are co-located providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence whose strengths are well placed to face the challenges of the future.
- The Embedded Software team develop the software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems, contributing to a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers developing very exciting, technically advanced products.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role