Web Application Developer - Up to £35K per annum - Newton Aycliffe, County DurhamThe Role
Are you a Web Application Developer with 2 or more years of experience with C#.NET, ASP.NET, ORM? If so, a market-leading distributor of kitchen and bedroom components are looking for a Web Application Developer.
The successful candidate will join our internal Software Development team to initially develop key company websites and start us on a journey of transitioning our desktop applications to web applications.
The key responsibilities of a Web Application Developer include, but are not limited to:
- Writing clean, reusable, responsive and well documented code.
- Optimising code for maximum page speed and usability.
- Implementing web site tracking and metrics.
- Bug fixing and resolution of issues raised by end users.
The company is a market-leading distributor of kitchen and bedroom components - proudly supplying the UK KBB industry for over 110 years.
We bring together the most comprehensive range of quality stocked products from the world's leading manufacturers, together with the most flexible services, and bespoke design options. We're committed to continuous innovation and a highly integrated, customer-centric approach, where delivering excellent service is at the heart of everything we do.The Person
The key skills and qualities of a Web Application Developer:
- 2 or more years of development experience with C#.NET, ASP.NET, ORM
- Current knowledge of Web development techniques, languages and frameworks.
- Knowledge of / experience with:
o A modern front-end framework such as React
o Webserver and CMS configuration and operation.
o Using Orchard or other CMS platforms.
o Version control experience i.e. Git and SVN
o REST API
o browser and device limitation and cross browser testing
- Ability to take wireframe designs and transforming into working code
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Able to contribute in different areas and adapt with the business
- Previous experience working with and facilitating change to bespoke ERP systems highly desirable, along experience of working with databases, specifically Microsoft SQL.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply button to find out more.