Exams and Assessment Officer opportunity in Worksop required immediately. Your new company
This is a Secondary School based in Worksop that supports students from KS2 to KS4. It is part of a wider trust and has an Ofsted rating of "Outstanding".Your new role
This role as an Exams and Assessment Officer is to ensure accurate management and running of all examinations and assessments, providing administration and data support to staff and students of the academy. Below are some of the responsibilities entailed within the role:
What you'll need to succeed
- Management of the MIS including downloading of examination components for entries onto
- the MIS examination system.
- Liaison with all examination boards regarding general queries.
- Distribution of examination entries for amendment and checking by Subject Leaders/SLT and Curriculum Directors.
- Hold responsibility for overseeing the operational management of the examination process.
- Accurate management of controlled assessment marks.
- Responsible for dispatching the completed scripts to markers.
- Management of predicted grades.
- Ensure the timely receipt and delivery of mark sheets and controlled assessments for
- Responsible for the collation and distribution of result slips to students.
- Use of 'Praising Stars' (OGAT assessment tracking system) - supporting all staff in the correct and timely usage of the system.
- Coordination and completion of the student census returns.
- Statistical analysis and review of all assessment data and trends for departmental managers and SLT.
- Update and maintain accurate student paper and electronic records, including starters and leavers.
- Complete performance tables checking exercises.
- Produce relevant reports/data from Praising Stars/MIS relating to targets, attainment, progress, attendance, and academic monitoring for the academy.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with statistical analysis, management information and data collection. They will have experience of organising and running educational examinations and have the willingness to obtain qualifications and undertake training and development whilst in this post. They will have good personal and communication skills and liaise with a variety of stakeholders within the school. They will need an understanding of child safeguarding and a valid enhanced DBS certificate, or the willingness to apply for one.What you'll get in return
You will be paid some expense and a competitive daily rate, working in a friendly and supportive school with a strong Senior Leadership Team. You will also have a dedicated Hays Consultant who you can contact from 07:00 - 22:00, seven days a week. Hays also offer a Refer A Friend scheme so if this isn't the job for you, but you know someone who would be interested, please refer them to us and you may be entitled to £250 in vouchers.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.