The Financial Advisory Services (FAS) team is a rapidly growing, award winning and global group. You will be joining a team at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and national creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a wide range of financial issues.
Our FAS specialists help clients with raising finance for large infrastructure projects, advise on corporate acquisitions (both in the UK and cross border), restructure businesses to secure livelihoods and act as experts on high profile international investigations and disputes.
This role underpins the continued development of the Deal Advisory Due Diligence business in Birmingham. The right candidate will have the opportunity to progress within the firm and be a key part of a growing Deal Advisory practice across the UK.
The role will involve the delivery of high-quality due diligence and the person will be visible in the market. The candidate should have a level of due diligence experience and be to demonstrate project management and client facing skills through their current and previous roles. This role will entail being a key part of the financial due diligence process and the delivery of high-quality reports to corporate, private equity and banking clients.
Subject to experience and personal goals, the role will offer the opportunity to manage FDD projects and develop an external network of relationships. The candidate will also have the opportunity to work as part of the National DD team, whilst also maintaining a great degree of flexibility to personal circumstances.
The DD team also works on a number of cross-border transactions; the role will therefore afford the opportunity to work on these deals, developing transaction and sector knowledge.
As part of our Deal Advisory in team in Birmingham the candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with Corporate Finance and other DA colleagues on a regular basis. They will also be an open line of communication to the Partner group, with a strong focus on team-work, collaboration and creating opportunities for development. Job Role
The key elements of the role are:
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Working with partners locally and nationally.
- Working as part of the proposal team to develop the proposition, scope and fee.
- Assisting and managing financial due diligence assignments, including interacting with other specialist teams.
- Preparing insightful analysis and communicating issues in a timely manner.
- Preparing issues-focussed due diligence reports.
- Understanding and responding appropriately to client needs.
- Developing relationships with clients and intermediaries.
- Assisting with business development initiatives - locally and nationally
Inclusion and Diversity
- Qualified Accountant - ACA or equivalent
- Experience of financial due diligence
- Project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Report writing experience
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- The desire and ability to develop self and others
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.
We welcome applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers.