A well-established business named as one of the top 10 'Best Tech Places to Work' at last year's National Technology Awards is looking for a Server Engineer to look after the needs of their impressive, expanding client list. Along with a salary of up to £35,000 per annum, you will also receive a pension, gym membership, onsite parking (other options available) and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
They are a vibrant, fast paced technology company offering friendly and professional IT Support, Services and Solutions to businesses, bringing corporate technology to the SME market - specialising in providing technology solutions from the major global brands (such as Microsoft, HP, and Cisco). Based in modern, stylish offices in Camberley (some home working), this is an at times demanding environment, but genuinely satisfying and great fun. Based within the Maintenance and Monitoring team, the duties of the Server Engineer include (but are not limited to):
We are looking for a Server Engineer who has the following skills and experiences:
- Being the first point of contact for issues.
- Remotely monitoring and maintaining servers across our client base of around 220 servers.
- Designing and agreeing patch management schedules and overseeing the team's daily management of patching.
- Deploying services for new Clients.
- Developing and implementing existing and new services and technology.
- Keeping documentation current and up to date and helping to feedback information to other teams in the organisation.
- Assisting the junior individuals where necessary and sharing your knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server OS.
- Strong Knowledge of virtualisation technologies, specifically Windows Hyper-V, Replication, Clustering and Failover/Load Balancing.
- Strong knowledge of server hardware & manufacturers (HPE/Dell).
- Experience with Backup and Restore.
- Storage solutions such as NAS, SAN or DAS.
- Experience using PowerShell to complete tasks.
- Familiarity with ticketing and reporting systems and comfortability following processes.
- Demonstratable accuracy and attention to detail in work and a desire to ensure the highest standards are maintained including documentation and cyber hygiene.
This is a flexible role, working within a team, to provide cover for their Core Hours of 08:00-18:00. Occasional overtime and out of hours work will be required for a role of this nature.
To apply for this role as Server Engineer, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV.