About the job
We are seeking a Vice President / Controller to join our client's EMEA headquarter based in London. The person will be reporting directly to the CFO, EMEA. You will be responsible for statutory reporting, management reporting, regulatory reporting, tax compliance for all Investments across EMEA. The role will include deputizing the CFO, EMEA in Audit Committee meetings, Board meetings and various other forums including meetings with the auditors. There is an opportunity for the right candidate to potentially succeed into the CFO EMEA. As a result, we require an individual who can represent the Finance function and has the technical ability to understand and communicate effectively with Senior Management / Board & Audit Committee members.Main Responsibilities:
Detailed activities include but are not limited to:
- Consolidation, GAAP accounting and audits
- Financial control month-end/year-end processes management
- Treasury management
- Financial planning, reporting and decision support
- Regulatory and tax compliance/reporting
- CLO's - Accounting/Financing/Structuring
- Ensure meeting the monthly, quarterly, annual reporting requirements to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and/or validate of all journal entries and produce and/or review balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Produce Board pack for multiple jurisdictions including management accounts together with commentaries on the variances on a monthly basis.
- Prepare 12-month rolling forecasted Income statement, Cash flow Statement and capital position on a monthly basis.
- Oversight of Treasury function and liquidity management and reporting.
- Production of bi-monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns (Corporation tax, VAT, Withholding tax.) for various jurisdictions within EMEA region and liaison with external service providers.
- Production and submission of bi-annual and quarterly regulatory returns to FCA and CBI.
- Production of GAAP compliant financial statements, audit schedules, tax computations etc. in order to lead the internal and external audit process effectively.
- Understanding of Transfer Pricing methodologies and implementation of appropriate accounting treatment
- Ensure adherence to the Group financial control and treasury policies.
- Production of the firm's annual ICAAP / ICARA reporting requirements, preparation of finance supplement of the ICAAP covering 5-yearly projected Income statement, Balance sheet, and statement of Capital position including work on stress tests.
- In depth understanding of CLO structures, risk retention requirements, repo financing and complexities surrounding the accounting for such structures.
- Provide full support to the CFO, Group HQ and UK Board including effective execution of ad-hoc tasks.
- Assist in management of other team members
- Experience in the Financial Services industry preferably in a multi-currency environment within an Asset Management firm / CLO Manager.
- Ability to work with tight reporting deadlines across all financial disciplines (e.g. Accounts, Tax, Treasury).
- In depth understanding of Corporation Tax returns, VAT, VIES, BOP etc. for the UK and various other jurisdictions.
- Technical knowledge of UK and Irish GAAP (essential), US GAAP (preferable). Other GAAP / IFRS experience an advantage.
- Experience/understanding of regulatory regimes, quantitative planning techniques and Risk reporting.
- Highly developed Excel skills, including financial modelling
- Experience of handling finance projects from start to finish
- Proficient in using Workday or similar ERP system
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Team player
- 'Can do' attitude
- Resilient, can work under pressure
- Must be a qualified Accountant
- Professional Finance Qualification (ACA / ACCA)