The role will take primary responsibility for monitoring the financial performance of our suite of portfolio investments and companies. Success in the role will require significant experience in appraising financial performance, a financially astute and highly analytical skillset, and a natural curiosity and interest in what makes businesses tick.
You will build out, this function over time. You'll be expected to work with company administrators and operating partners to understand the financial accounts and management information allow you to appraise the financial. The role will encompass the preparation of in-depth analysis of financial information received, as well as monitoring compliance with covenants and other contractual obligations. You will be expected to assess the health of the portfolio, identifying early warning signs as appropriate. The ability to maintain a level of professional scepticism and to remain robust in the face of challenge are key success factors in this role.Responsibilities
- In-depth monitoring of the financial performance of portfolio companies, delivering high quality analysis and insights to include but not limited to;
- Ensure timely production of management accounts (quarterly);
- Ensure timely production of operating partner and portfolio realisation information (monthly/ quarterly);
- Ensure timely production and signing of minutes for relevant actions (e.g. investments, divestment, or other such requirements);
- Ensure timely filing of CIT and relevant annual filings at SPV level;
- Reconciliation of investment or inter-company loans; and
- Collation of K1/PFIC information at year end.
- Identify and action early warning signs.
- Build open, honest and constructive relationships with administrators and operating partners at portfolio companies
- Build detailed understanding of investment documents to be able to action liquidity requirements
- Establish robust process for review of financial covenants and other contractual obligations of portfolio companies
- Prepare content to present at Monitoring Committee
- Assist in setting KPIs, financial covenants and other contractual obligations for prospective deals
- Continuously enhance the content and quality of management information/ shaping investment into portfolio monitoring systems
- Substantial hands-on fund investment financial reporting experience
- Part-qualified or finalist level accountant
- Personable and professional, with the gravitas to earn respect of internal and external stakeholders
- Tough, independent thinker, not easily fobbed off
- Strong written and numerical skills
- High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel