About the opportunity About the UK Business
Fidelity's UK Retail & DC business manages or administers £70bn of customers' assets. The business supports the investment needs of more than one million UK customers across four channels: Personal Investing; Retail Funds; FundsNetwork and DC & Workplace. Already a leading provider in the mutual funds, advised platform, direct-to-consumer and Workplace Investing, the business has ambitious growth plans. By combining its distribution strengths with the investment expertise of the Fidelity group, the business is ideally positioned to fulfil its goal of becoming a leading UK provider of retirement solutions. About (Department)
The primary purpose of the DC Implementation team is to ensure that new Fidelity DC Pension Plans e.g. Master Trust clients, offshore schemes, Group Personal Pension Plans & Section 32's are established to agreed timescales and also project manage ongoing corporate actions. The team ensures that implementations & corporate action projects meet Fidelity quality, efficiency and product definitions. Purpose of your role
The successful candidate will be responsible for covering all data aspects of establishing DC schemes with Fidelity. This will include initial review and analysis of data, including data relating to pension protections, undertaking a due diligence meeting with the client, data set up, transition of existing assets to Fidelity and issuing of new joiner letters / member statements.
The Data Implementation Associate is responsible for supporting the Implementation Project Manager in delivering to the client in an agreed timely manner and will co-ordinate all data related activity to on board scheme members onto Fidelity's Platform.
They will identify any operational issues as they arise and make recommendations to the Project Manager and Client for any required changes. They will also be pro-active in determining any other needs or concerns of the client and Operations department and act on them accordingly. Your key accountabilities
Your skills and experience
- Coordinate and plan day to day project tasks to ensure timely delivery of overall project
- Work collaboratively with the Project Manager and Client to ensure we are on boarding high quality data
- Understand Operational requirements for back end teams to ensure the data received supports our administration
- Have a good understanding of Fidelity systems and the downstream impact of activities taken during project
- Help Senior Management with ad-hoc projects and initiatives as required to help drive the Global DC business forward.
- Interface with client and/or internal associates to solve problems and resolve outstanding issues relating to data administration.
- Consult with direct reporting Manager or appropriate parties on issues requiring additional attention or decision-making.
- Establish and follow detailed on-going procedures for the administration of the plan with all impacted areas (Client Management, Financial Operations, Administration, Phone Team, Communications etc.)
- Interact with the appropriate members of Admin and Financial Operations to ensure that all-proper controls are established.
- Effectively manage the client by communicating in a timely fashion any issues that could impact the conversion schedule or result in a change of data requirements.
- Understand the market and its needs by keeping up with industry trends and developments in the market through regular client contact, trade press, and industry conferences.
- Understand the full array of Fidelity products and services, specifically, but not restricted to the institutional arena. Examples would be services related to all aspects of the defined contribution pension schemes and Fidelity funds offered to such schemes.
About you About Fidelity International
- Good education standard ideally Degree level and pensions industry experience is desirable
- Experience in Defined Contributions/Final Salary operations administration & implementation
- Good knowledge of retirement market
- Strong Microsoft excel skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter, keen to take on responsibility and new projects
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to demonstrate abilities and experience in duties and responsibilities mentioned above
- Ability to work well with various internal Fidelity departments at all levels
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, plan for such events and problem solve
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Due to the nature of the position, the role would suit someone who is able to manage their own time and a workload that can be heavy at times.
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.