Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What we are building
We're transforming our IT landscape, moving to an Infrastructure-as-code based deployment model whilst in the process of building a Microsoft Azure capability and we now need a highly competent Azure Cloud technical specialist to join our newly formed Infrastructure Operations team.
As a Senior Infrastructure Analyst, you'll be very passionate about Cloud computing and associated technologies, specialising in the implementation and support of CLOUD technologies as a key part of the team who are responsible for the ongoing management of the CLOUD platform, associated CLOUD operations and Infrastructure services across all Canada Life business units. Being a subject matter expert in Security and Networking elements of Cloud Platforms, you will provide hands on technical expertise to build and maintain multiple CLOUD based infrastructure components and platforms using both manual and "Infrastructure as code" solutions utilising industry standard principles to streamline delivery. You will also be responsible for supporting all elements of the infrastructure as well as adhering to a "Customer First" mindset whilst driving automation opportunities. You'll also contribute to building a 'as-a-service' world-class operation that other teams consume in order to accelerate Canada Life's application delivery capability whilst coaching other team members as required in order to achieve success.
The successful candidate will possess appropriate technical accreditations in Microsoft Azure technologies and be able to demonstrate the following:
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure Infrastructure
• Good written and communication skills
• Hands-on Experience in the build and management of all CLOUD based infrastructure and associated components.
• Hands-on expertise in DevOps principles and practices such as the implementation of platform services, Continuous Integration and version control.
• Experience in Public Cloud Migrations
• Expertise in TCP/IP, Networking and Firewall Experience - both on premise and in cloud environments.
• Experience in Managing and Securing Cloud Environments
• Experience working with Windows Servers 2008-2019
• Experience working with Azure Active Directory
• Experience working with Azure Security and Compliance (Azure Sentinel, Cyberark,PIM et al)
• Expertise in Networking and security elements of Cloud Infrastructure will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience of developing and utilising "Infrastructure as code" to script and automate delivery.
• Experience of all elements of CLOUD based infrastructure including Virtual Machines, Networks, Firewalls and storage.
• Experienced in the use of scripting and deployment tools (ARM, Octopus,AzureDevOps, Powershell Scripting ,et al).
• Experience of using availability monitoring tools.
• Excellent customer engagement skills, able to assure business users whilst delivering on commitments.
• Able to work closely with all suppliers to drive delivery of business requirements.
• Good communicator at multiple levels and across multiple disciplines.
• Self-motivated, working with no supervision and pro-active.
• Experience of Microsoft Azure and associated technologies.
A prior background in the Finance/Insurance Industry, particularly an awareness of the regulatory and compliance environment, would be beneficial.
What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences