A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
The Responsible Investing team are subject matter experts on environmental and social issues and work in tandem with our Governance team to support Analysts and Portfolio Managers in integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations into the investment process.
The Associate Analyst will work closely with Research Analysts and Portfolio Managers across T. Rowe Price's investment platform to aid in integrating ESG analysis into the investment process. The position will be broad and varied involving attending company meetings, industry conferences, managing large data models, conducting company ESG analysis and writing ESG related reports. The successful candidate should have modelling experience and working knowledge of accounting and finance coupled with a keen interest and passion for investing. Working alongside experienced investors on our global platform will help you learn the necessary skills to develop into a successful investor. Principal Responsibilities
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required:
- Conducting ESG analysis of companies, which includes collecting data and researching specific environmental and/or social issues impacting the industry/company.
- Writing ESG related reports for both internal and external use.
- Participating in conference calls to review companies' ESG profiles and assisting Research Analysts in evaluating ESG factors that impact their industry.
- Handling various projects such as analysis of supply chains, proprietary surveys, and quantitative screening of companies.
- Attending company investor days, investment conferences, and field trips, and reporting key findings.
- Academic excellence
- Strong and demonstrable financial analysis experience including accounting & financial modelling skills
- Strong interest and knowledge of financial markets
- Strong writing skills
- Candidate should be highly motivated, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Personal and/or professional investment experience
- Competitive nature / team player
- Experience with market data services (ex. FactSet, Bloomberg etc.)
- CFA designation or in progress
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.