Why Work for XpertHR
Explore the human side of data
With over 10,000 resources at our disposal, we provide indispensable industry information for the HR sector across the UK, the US and the Netherlands. We empower organizations to make the right decisions around their people. At the same time, we're creating an inclusive, people-focused environment of our own. A culture where individuals with ambition, curiosity and ideas can make an impact. Where you can think big, aim high and explore more. Mid-Level Quality Test Engineer
- Participate in process improvement and compliance to successfully and consistently deliver high-quality software products and services on time, on budget, and to specification, enabling flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business.
- Participate in project reviews.
- Cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
- Maintain framework for record retention in order to support internal and external IT audits.
- Assist with process improvement and compliance to successfully and consistently deliver high-quality software products and services on a timely basis.
- Work across teams to enhance quality functional testing by identifying and helping to implement initiatives that will improve capability and efficiency.
Nice to Have:
- Experience on manual exploratory testing.
- Experience on automation testing from development to execution.
- Moderate experience on API testing.
- Moderate knowledge, and experience with, QA methodologies to test complex data/content focused products
- Moderate knowledge, and experience with, QA methodologies
- Good understanding of software development process and lifecycle (SDLC)
- Skilled at constructing and executing test plans/test cases
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
What's it like to work here?
- Experience with automation and other QA tools for increasing efficiency including, but not limited to: MongoDB, SQL, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Git, Jira
- Ability to conduct QA testing for moderate-scale projects
- Experience with Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) methodology
- Experience with API testing
- Ability to work with minimum guidance
Outstanding - you've probably already got a feel for what we do and the technology we're involved with but what's really stands us out from the crowd is our culture. We're an agile, dynamic and forward thinking organisation who understands the importance of looking after our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products, providing our employees with interesting challenges for their personal and career development whilst also striking the right balance between work and family life.Women in technology:
LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group (RSG) is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 27% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology
- Women's network forum
- Regularly run events for schoolgirls about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
RSG proudly support the Tech Talent Charter.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92981386