Hargreaves Lansdown is the UK's largest savings and investment platform for private investors. Today we are trusted with more than £100 billion by over 1.4 million clients - and are a member of the FTSE 100.
The IT Operations Department are looking for an experienced Technology Asset Manager to implement, and manage all IT assets, from cradle to grave. The successful candidate will have experience in managing both software and hardware assets and will be confident in engaging and collaborating with stakeholders across the business to create and manage an asset management process that is used by the whole business.
This role is suited to someone who has a keen eye for detail, a passion for technology and is comfortable working to deadlines.ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage IT hardware and software asset portfolio with respect to risk, cost control, governance, compliance, and performance objectives.
- Develop and maintain company policies and processes.
- Manage a , small team of IT Asset Analysts.
- Plan and implement IT hardware and software asset life cycle strategy; advise Procurement and IT -Operations in procurement strategies for IT hardware acquisition.
- Serve as IT hardware and software asset management subject matter expert.
- Optimize usage and cost of IT hardware and software deployments.
- -Manage acquisition, deployment, utilization, tracking, security, and final disposition of IT assets.
- Managing the critical hardware assets at HL from cradle to grave. This includes, onboarding new hardware across the business, maitainig assess management base, providing useful MI to management, offboarding hardware no longer in use, or changing hardware allocations between starters and leavers to ensure the database is always accurate and items are disposed of when end of life.
- Managing support contracts and renewals associated with the hardware, this will include creating and reviewing contracts and ensuring the details of the finalised support (and associated contact information) is logged and available for the IT Operations team to use. Ensuring all assets have vendor support and maintaining a register of any exceptions.
- Regularly reviewing the hardware assets to provide MI on what needs replacing, when and the costs associated with doing so.
- To assist in the creation of a software catalogue to be used by the entire business
- Create and manage a software asset management process (from cradle to grave) to ensure licence compliance and provide relevant information in the event of an audit
- To ensure all software assets are logged, updated and removed as necessary, ensuring end user licence agreements are understood and available if needed
- Regular reporting of software on the HL estate and where improvements can be made, including cost reductions and savings available
- To be aware of and implement best practice in software asset management within HL
- Work with all areas of the business to ensure we are getting the full value from any procured software licenses.
- In depth knowledge of license requirements across a number of major vendors such as Microsoft, Oracle and VMWare.
- Extensive experience in using, maintaining and compiling management information from Asset management tools such as Snow, SCCM and ServiceNow
- Previous experience of managing multiple vendors (and their expectations) across the IT department, including resellers. This includes: knowing when to engage, how to negotiate price/ cost effectively for new purchases and negotiate a contract. Experience in negotiating contract terms is desirable, although not essential.
- An excellent understanding of how to identify the relevant stakeholders in any engagement and knowledge of how to manage those stakeholders across the business and at what level to ensure information reaches the right people to ensure and policy and process is followed.
- Experience in software license compliance and reporting, managing licensing requests from cradle to grave. Experience in building a process from the ground up would be an advantage.
- An excellent understanding of underlying IT technologies such as Active Directory, Linux, Windows, VMWare, Clustering and Public Cloud IaaS and how it pertains to licence compliance.
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Qualifications in software and hardware asset management such as ITAM would be advantageous.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92976300