Gloucestershire County Council are embarking on an ambitious change and this will require a fundamental shift in the way that services are delivered. We are looking to achieve a step change in the Council's approach to projects and change, information management and ICT security. It is critical that we have seamless, joined up ownership and management of information, security and data across the organisations in order to achieve more effective decision making at all levels from strategic planning to day to day operation. Some of this work to achieve our digital ambition will form a second phase of our programme but right now we are focusing on our in-house ICT delivery and our outsourced contracts.The Role
As PMO Lead you will have overall responsibility for the project planning, delivery and governance of the IT portfolio. You will ensure that the administration and monitoring of projects and programmes is such that cost, quality, schedule, & benefits realisation are controlled and achieved and that that all projects adhere to the best practices & standard approaches for project management.The ideal candidate will have... Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Understanding
- Previous PMO Lead experience
- Experience of managing a portfolio of in excess of £xxm
- Experience of project planning, risk management and budget control
- Experience of working on IT business transformation projects
- Effective management of staff and teams
- Managing multiple demands and responsibilities in order to meet challenging deadlines
- Experience of managing complex, high-risk programmes requiring significant culture change
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability leading and engaging with outsourcing partners
- Able to exercise influence across a range of stakeholders, including managers senior to the post-holder
- Able to present a well-argued, robust business case
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Benefits management
- Understanding of the role of local government and its partners
- Understanding of relevant areas of Council business
- Ability to work with/across a range of stakeholders
- a defined benefit pension scheme, based on your career average earnings, including the option for additional voluntary contributions.
- 30 days annual leave per annum (pro-rata for reduced hours) plus public and bank holidays.
- salary sacrifice green car scheme.
- salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
- option to take part of your salary in the form of childcare vouchers, free of tax and national insurance.
- free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours every day online and by telephone.
- staff discount scheme offering Council employees access to great savings.
If you are interested in this opportunity please click apply now or contact Rebecca Robinson on
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92976080