Are you a client facing problem solver? Do you enjoy building relationships? Are you passionate about the healthcare sector and delivering high-quality creative work? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity to join our pioneering creative agency and help drive our growing Medical Communications offering.
We're seeking a Senior Account Manager with Pharma Agency/Med Comms experience to join an internationally renowned creative agency based in Shoreditch, London.
MCCGLC is one of the most respected creative agencies in the live event space. With over 40 permanent employees, the agency is an eclectic mix of creative and scientific minds, digital experts, and project managers who work together to take concepts and ideas and build them into unbeatable brand experiences. Working with global pharmaceutical, tech and electronics companies, MCCGLC delivers measurable results from daring strategy, at congresses and events.
We take a SmART(Science meets ART) approach to Medical Communications. Our team of creative and scientific minds work side-by-side to reimagine how to engage with Healthcare Professionals. We have been revolutionising the pharma congress experience since 2003 so we know how to take a complex idea and distill it down to its most powerful core message, to get under HCPs' skin, to demonstrate the intangible benefits of a drug, and turn dry science into a memorable experience. But the world is changing and we are having to find unique ways to create meaningful connections through live, digital and hybrid experiences.
The Senior Account Manager role is an essential one within MCCGLC Ltd, so the successful candidate will have a positive approach to challenges, be driven, self-motivated, personable, able to multi-task,, and have the ability to build strong relationships. We are looking for someone with Pharma/Med Comms agency experience in order to support the growth of the Med Comms side of the business.
This role sits within the Account Management team and you would report to the Director of Client Relations. What we can offer:
An exciting and supportive working environment, highly creative and committed colleagues, and a culture that openly encourages new and creative thinking from employees at all levels. Key responsibilities:
Skills & experience required:
- Managing and growing client/agency relationships for a selected number of MCCGLC's Pharmaceutical clients
- Have a strategic view of the client/agency relationship and an opinion on how best to maximise it
- Be the key point of contact for a selected portfolio of MCCGLC's clients, managing budgets and client expectations
- Work collaboratively with project managers to write creative briefs which inspire excellent work from the creative department
- Work with the creative concept team to produce project proposals
- Work closely with the Chief Scientific Officer and Medical Writing team to ensure high quality output
- Presenting MCCGLC work to the client
- Management of Junior colleagues
- Delivering best-in-class work every day with a vigilant eye on quality control
- At least 5 years' client facing experience in a Med Comms agency or similar
- Extensive experience in client-facing situations and have the proven ability to interpret their needs and provide strategic advice
- Proven track record of delivering excellence across medical communications projects, in particular in delivering events for pharmaceutical clients (eg. symposia and standalone meetings)
- Professionalism and gravitas, with proven ability to communicate with clients and HCPs with confidence
- A solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, the clinical development process, common compliance regulations surrounding medical communications and approval processes/systems (eg. Veeva, Zinc)
- Highly articulate in verbal and written form and able to clearly represent and defend your opinions
- Excellent and confident presentation skills in Powerpoint, Excel and Google Suite either in person or virtually
- Experience effectively managing client budgets throughout the project cycle
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to give constructive feedback and clear guidance on projects that you have briefed
- Fluency in spoken and written English and have the right to work in the UK
- The minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a life science subject or equivalent qualification
- Salary of £40-£50K (depending on experience)
- Starting allowance of 22 days holiday a year
- Generous lieu time allocation
This is a full-time role with a 6-month probationary period.
Disclaimer: This job advert is indicative of the type of duties you may undertake in performance of this role. It does not provide a conclusive or exhaustive list of duties. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful. We are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted for interview.