Looking for more than just a job? We like developing our people just as much as we like developing great products.Ivanti
is a global leader in IT systems and security management, service management, asset management, and mobility management solutions - helping organizations reduce risks and costs associated with managing their IT environment.
The company has received numerous awards for being a Top Place to Work, as well as many accolades for the products it develops.
If you're passionate about what you do, are a champion of customer satisfaction and success, and interested in developing solutions that make a difference and in having fun while doing it, Ivanti is the place for you! Role Overview:
We are currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer for an established team supporting Ivanti Security and UWM products in Daresbury. The Technical Support Engineer will provide technical support to our customers, partners and internal staff and provide a consistently excellent standard of customer assistance and service.
Through strong technical skills and product knowledge the Support team works to resolve cases raised by effective troubleshooting, research and testing or for more complex issues work directly with back-line and development teams.
This position provides many opportunities for skills development and career growth, which Ivanti is committed to nurturing. It is a fantastic role to develop expertise in the range of Ivanti solutions, services & customers and the multiple technologies we interact with. Ivanti recognizes our valuable employees through career growth and progression.Responsibilities and Duties:
Required Skills and Experience:
- To provide remote support for Ivanti products to external customers (IT administrators), partners and internal staff through effective troubleshooting and diagnosis
- Ensure customer communication is timely and professional
- To participate in and promote the creation and consumption of knowledge and 'knowledge libraries'
- Continually build and maintain your own technical expertise to support customers and self-develop
- Participate in focus activities as required - such as backlog reduction
- Employ a team based approach to problem solving
Experience with troubleshooting any of the following would be highly advantageous:
- Fluent in written and spoken English with a professional manner
- Experience in IT with an emphasis on customer support
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Committed to finding and fixing problem causes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Expert user of Microsoft Windows and common applications (Word, Excel etc)
- Understanding of Database and Server Technologies
- Understanding of internet and network technologies
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Self-motivated to develop technically
- Able to adapt quickly to change
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Windows Server and Client Operating systems (Registry, Services, Processes, NTFS, ACL / Security Model)
- Windows Infrastructure (DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, LDAP)
- SQL (SQL Tracing / Profiler use, Querying, maintenance)
- Networking (Ports, Network Services, Wireshark)
- Webservers (IIS, interpreting HTTP error codes, REST APIs)
- Fluency in written and spoken French with a professional manner is desirable.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP, MCSA, MCSE or MCDBA)
- CompTIA A+
- Citrix CCA/CCAA
- Appsense Certified Professional
- Cisco network associate certification (CCNA)
- Some exposure to Mac, Linux or Unix-like operating systems
- Exposure to Microsoft Windows internals (registry, drivers, config, group policies etc)
- SQL, IIS or Citrix experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and client OS administration
- Technical blogging, knowledge article creation, forum contribution or website creation
- Exposure to the process of raising bugs to developers
- Market competitive salary
- 25 days of holiday
- Healthcare, life-assurance and others
- A collaborative environment driven by excellence, respect and support