We're looking for a Full-time Content Marketing Manager
At COAT, we're the paint experts. Our founders deeply understand paint, decorating, and interiors. Our audience is young and trend-led, so we're naturally the go-to for all types of interiors inspiration and advice.
Since launching in late 2020 we've created some great content that has shaped the COAT brand and helped us grow an awesome customer fan base. From how-to blog posts and press releases based on our founder's expertise, to bespoke paint colours created with interior and fashion influencers via Instagram. As a young business we've been featured in Vogue, ELLE Decoration, The Times, The Guardian and more... as well as having established brand partnerships with the likes of Swoon and Urban Outfitters. Content is abundant, and we need someone to run things.
In a nutshell this role is about owning and executing on our content marketing. Both owning and executing are equally important - we're a startup, who need big thinkers who can 'do the doing' too. Everything from marketing planning, to co-ordinating the rapid creation of amazing visual and written content and ultimately promoting it to the world too...
- Marketing Planning you'll work closely with the Head of Marketing to build the content marketing plan for COAT - setting the direction and timeline, as well as executing and implementing.
- Blog you'll own the COAT blog, planning generating and writing content (or managing writers and contributors). You'll bring a strong understanding of SEO to this too.
- CRM/Email Marketing you'll craft inspirational content for COAT's regular emails, and shape the content and copy for our regular email flows too. You'll be able to A/B test your work.
- PR you'll work with our amazing PR team on proactive press releases, and ad-hoc press requests to make sure we're putting the COAT word in the right places.
- Photoshoots HoM and Producers to schedule, plan, run and manage the delivery of brand photo and video shoots - both large scale, and on the daily.
- Channels you'll be responsible for 'pushing' content across a variety of digital channels, and coordinating with channel owners where needed (e.g. via instagram)
RequirementsExperience and skills
- Other ad-hoc requirements for the business We're a startup, so there's always some 'mucking in' to be done. Especially in marketing, which is a super exciting area for a brand like COAT.
You'll have experience in Content Marketing from a startup, scaleup or interior brand - and be able to show results that you've delivered. D2C brand experience would mean extra brownies, but not essential. Above all we're looking for someone that can spin plates and deliver amazing content As a guide, essential practical experience (3+ years)
- Hands-on Writing Experience you can write copy like a boss, particularly channeling COAT's tone of voice. That's blog posts, press releases (proactive and ad-hoc), customer communications, ads and more.
- Project Management as well as owning the overall content marketing strategy, you'll need to co-ordinate brand partners and influencers, and run photoshoots too. Planning, organisation and delivery are all equally important - seamlessly moving between them.
- Visual Content Production you'll know your way around visual content (photography, video) and be able to create our own and work collaboratively with others to create killer visual assets
- Digital Platform Expertise you'll have a deep understanding of where you're promoting content - e.g. Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and web. Maybe even the TikToks. And how to optimise it for these platforms.
- Multi-Channel Content Marketing creating the content is the main thing, but executing on a release and promotion strategy is critical too. You'll push content across major digital channels, and work closely with the Growth Marketing team on paid activity too.
- CRM you'll know how email flows work at various stages in the customer journey
Odds are if you're accomplished at the above you'll be pretty creative, detail-oriented and tech-savvy as a person too - which definitely helps. We're a 'solutions not problems' business, and in such a rapid growth phase there's always a lot going on - so you'll have the full support of a tight-knit team but the freedom (and expectation) to act creatively and proactively alone.
If you're into interiors and home decor, that's a bonus too and you'll probably love it at COAT!
You'll have the right to work in the UK, of course.Benefits
- Type of role Full time, Perm
- Hours 8 hours/day on weekdays, flexibly
- Holidays 28
- Location We've got a few locations, or at home. Probably a mix.
- Salary £35k ish depending on experience
- Perks hefty discount on COAT paint, relaxed working policy, regular team events, the chance to be part of THE paint brand