Field Service EngineerPlace of Work:
Head Office, Remote Offices and Customer SitesWorking Hours:
40 Hours/week 8.30-17.00 (0.5hr Lunch), regular and overtime will be required and flexibility is a prerequisite.Holidays:
20 Days + Statutory Holidays (increase after 5 and 10 years' service)NO SPONSORSHIPYou must live in the Wrexham or 30 mile radius area as this is office basedJob Objective and Overall Purpose:
This role is to provide technical solutions and resolve technical problems at our diverse range of clients across the UK. The role requires the highest levels of technical service and support to new, existing and potential clients. The key task for the position is the responsibility of to ensuring all calls are correctly resolved in the most timely and efficient way
This will be achieved by the following key actions:
· dealing with all technical problems allocated both remotely and on site
· technical liaison with manufacturers support as necessary
· identify and complete satisfactorily any training requirements and opportunities
· ensure that all Customer data is secure
· ensuring that all job information is updated in a timely manner
· respond to problems identified by our monitoring systems
· communicate resolutions via telephone, email and in person
· support Customers to the highest levels at all times
· to maintain and uphold the ethos of the Company
The nature of the role requires exceptional communication skills at all levels in addition to high levels of technical skill and core competencies on a wide range of hardware and software products.
The Engineering team requires high levels of communication to disseminate pertinent information to all users.
Attention to detail is paramount to ensure that all customer contact as effective as possible and maintain our Company image and values.Primary List of Duties and Tasks:
Answering Customer calls
Technically resolving all allocated calls
Travelling safely and courteously to and from Customer sites
Communicating with Customers at all times in a professional manner
Monitoring of systems on our monitoring service and identifying potential problems
Continuous learning of new products and requirements
Maintenance and update of the Technical Information Database
Ensuring escalation of calls and ensuring that a technical roadmap is followed
Following all requirements of Customer Sites during onsite work
Maintaining the highest quality of Customer Service at all times
Maintaining a safe, clean and tidy working environment
Assisting with General Administration as required Relationships and Roles:
The Company has a flat management structure. As such, you will report to the Lead Engineer , Operations Director or Business Area Manager as appropriate.
The engineering team members support each other to progress work in an efficient and professional manner, you will be expected to work within the team to produce the required result.Mandatory Technical Requirements
You will be expected to have, and be able to demonstrate, knowledge of the configuration, operation and fault finding of:
Knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
- Desktop, Server Hardware including Hardware and Software RAID systems
- Desktop, Laptop and Server Operating systems including Windows 7, 8 &10 Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, Server 2016 & Server 2019
- Microsoft Active Directory (incl Users, Devices, Printers and group policy)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365 Products
- IP Networking (incl Configuration of Routers and Switches)
- Wired and Wireless Networks (incl Controllers)
- POP, SMTP and IMAP Connectivity to email
- NAS Disk Systems
- Antivirus and Firewall Security Products (Hardware and Software)
You will be provided with:
- Apple Products and Operating Systems
- School ICT Products ( Projectors / Whiteboards etc)
- Linux Operating Systems
- VOIP Telephony Products and Services.
- Personal Toolkit
- Mobile Smartphone
- Laptop Computer / Software
- Appropriate clothing and safety equipment
As you will be driving a company vehicle a FULL UK Driving Licence will be requiredOvertime / Out of hours working:
The position requires overtime on a regular basis as well as early / late working on a rotational basis. It is possible that in the future shift work may be required.
Work is often required at weekends, some travel and stays away from home will be required especially for installation and technical training.
Please note that this is not a "9" to "5" position and flexibility is expected at all times Job Standards and Requirements:
The role requires an excellent understanding of our Company Service Ethic, its ethos and general technical capabilities and concepts. A strict adherence to the policies and procedures of the Company is required at all times.
A smart appearance and professional image must be maintained at all times to ensure that the Company is promoted in the best light to other organisations.
All staff are required to carry out tasks that do not relate directly to their role and a willingness to assist within other parts of the company is essential.