We are excited to share with you a vacancy that we have available within our Quality Department as a Quality Control Inspector.
Manufactures of Fluoropolymer products offering semi-finished materials, complex machined components, injection moulded parts, seals & slide bearings that are supplied to a range of sectors including Aerospace, Medical, Oil &Gas & Renewables. Fluorocarbon offer an extensive product portfolio for a diverse spectrum of demanding applications, which service a worldwide customer base.
With manufacturing sites and sales offices in the UK and Europe, and partners globally we aim to offer our customers cost effective solutions at the highest quality from material selection through to product design, manufacturing, and distribution.
Summary of Role
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for ensuring Fluorocarbon's products fulfils all customer specifications and quality requirements prior to shipment. To perform inspection and testing duties, and act as contingency cover for the Stores Department.
- To perform inspection and testing duties and ensure all manufactured good meet customer specification and quality requirements prior to shipment at the Irlam site.
- Communicate with your line manager and the operations management team on any important quality matters and findings.
- To work with, and provide support to, management and its staff by educating and escalating to staff of any identified quality risks or process improvements.
- To undertake Stores Person duties as and when required by the business.
Job Responsibilities - Mechanical Inspection
- Conduct inspections at First Article, in-process, in-coming and completes the final inspections.
- Initiate Non-Conformance reports (Material Rejection Notices) as required.
- Input and perform trending of key inspection process metrics.
- Document and report inspection findings and results and, monitors corrective actions to inspection findings.
- Perform accurate mechanical, physical, and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies as per Inspection Plans and Specification Requirements.
- Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
- Ensure calibration and maintenance is performed on inspection equipment.
- Perform material kit audits to ensure accuracy and integrity of the kitting process.
- Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
- Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions. Communicate with project engineers to ensure schematics follow the final product.
- Train all permanent and temporary staff in quality assurance techniques.
- Conduct various tests and quality checks on finished products. Ensure that all products have been tested and fall within standards, measured to specifications and within tolerances, readability of labels, etc.
- Support the business by carrying out alternative tasks as and when instructed by your manager.
Job Responsibilities - Stores
- Undertake goods receipting and dispatch process (Supporting in packaging and contacting couriers, when requested).
- Inspection of goods receipt and dispatch.
- Stock allocation (Stock issue, stock receipt as per manufacturing system).
- Booking and removing items out of quarantine after disposition.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum (5) years' experience in mechanical inspection and inspection techniques
- Polymer industry background advantageous.
- Ability to use basic hand measurement tools (callipers, micrometres, thread gauges etc.) and wide range of precision measuring equipment, including CMM.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2000 or ISO/TS 16949, and ability to plan and perform highly precise measurements and inspections to assure compliance to ISO:9001/13485 and customer requirements.
- Experience and understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance.
- Root cause analysis.
- Able to read drawings and review technical procedures.
- Demonstrable analytical skills.
- Understanding of Health/Safety and environmental regulations would be desirable.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Able to work in quick paced environment.
- Strong communication skills - both verbally and written.
- Data collection, management, and analysis.
- Strong people and customer service skills.
- Problem analysis and problem solving.
Closing date for all applications is 11 June 2021.
Successful candidates will be contacted after the closing date and asked to attend an interview via Microsoft Teams. All applicants are required to submit a copy of their CV as part of the application process.
If you have any questions about the role, please email the Fluorocarbon HR team at HR.Fluorocarbon@Fluorocarbon.co.uk.