Who We Are
Say hello to Doctor Care Anywhere the digital platform that puts your health in your hands.
No more queuing outside GP practices. No more stressing over appointments. We help over 2 million people speak to a GP by video or phone, whenever or wherever they need to.
We're a team of doctors, designers, data analysts, software developers, managers, marketers, and more - all working together to transform patient experiences for the better. And as we grow, we need the best kind of people making that happen.
Sounds like something you'd like to be a part of? We have ambitious goals and need ambitious people to reach them. If you're talented, hard-working and ready to dream big - while having some fun - we'd like to hear from you!Your new role
The Doctor Care Anywhere platform is growing, and so is the team. We are looking for someone to join the Site Reliability Engineering team working with us to make sure that our patients and clinicians receive a highly performant, highly available service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Doctor Care Anywhere make full use of Azure Dev Ops to deploy a predominantly .NET stack using the Azure cloud - IaaS, FaaS and more recently AKS components. We continually monitor the services and environments using a mix of Azure Application Insights, New Relic and a locally hosted ELK deployments This role will be heavily involved in writing bringing new levels or automation and monitoring to our platform and services as we strive to deliver 100% uptime to our patients and clinicians. You will also work closely with the development team as new services and new persistence models are added, developing our Terraform templates and Helm charts in a way to maximise security of the platform and productivity of the team.
You will join a small but passionate and growing team of engineers who work across our product squads as an integral part of the team, championing DevOps culture. We're mostly based in and around London, also working daily with our partners in Novi Sad (Vega) and Belfast (Kainos).RequirementsThe key tasks in your new and exciting role with us
Hopefully a description of you and your experience!
- Experience in creating Azure DevOps pipelines, including variable management
- Experience with Terraform and a working knowledge of Azure templates
- Good working knowledge of with Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) or another cloud-based Kubernetes environment, and willingness to learn
- Experience with Azure Active Directory and automating user rights management and regular checks
- Experience of dealing with Azure PAAS components such as functions, webapps and blob storage
- Experienced working with Azure networking, firewalls and securing communications between Azure components
- Working knowledge of Windows configuration
- Linux experience preferred, especially with regard to Apache and Elasticsearch (ELK)
- Some experience building / deploying code using Teamcity or MSBuild would be useful
- Trusted maintainer of our source repositories
- A good understanding of core security principals.
- Good understanding of Azure DevOps
- A good understanding of infrastructure as code with ARM templates / Terraform
- A good working knowledge of Kubernetes / AKS, and a working knowledge of different cloud technologies on offer by major cloud vendors
- Some understanding of virtual machines, and operating them remotely
- Good understanding of platform as a service / cloud components, particularly within Azure
- Some understanding of the security level needed for dealing with confidential patient data
- Basic knowledge of how MS Dynamics and MS SQL operate preferred
- Environment templating with JSON/YAML
- Azure DevOps build / deployment pipeline scripting and templating
- Some understanding of Linux/Windows configuration
- Good working knowledge of docker and containerizing existing Azure components
Key objectives and metrics
- Excellent standard of communication with both internal and external teams, and skilled at remote working
- Good at self-motivation and progressing projects within tight timelines
- Fastidious and exacting when it comes to matters of security
- Forward looking and eager to embrace new technology, but pragmatic enough to understand when it is not suitable
- Able to keep a cool head and work under pressure
BenefitsWhy you want to work here
- Work with the Head of DevOps to minimise unplanned downtime and plan resilience into our Cloud based systems
- Maintain and develop new Azure DevOps build / deploy pipelines as required by the larger team
- Review, manage and where possible simplify our existing Azure DevOps setup including user / group rights, build / deploy pipelines and variable structure
- Support Doctor Care Anywhere in protecting its information security, and meeting industry standard compliance requirements (e.g. CQC and PCI)
- Keeping documentation up to date in line with ISO 27001
- Assist senior SRE engineers with ongoing migration to a new Azure subscription and new Azure Active Directory
We understand the importance of good health and happiness for our patients and our employees. You can expect to be supported and valued as a member of out team and have the freedom to make the most of your role and careers with us! As part of that, as an employee you will have access toBenefits
Other plus's when at DCA!
- Free Private Medical Insurance
- Doctor Care Anywhere subscription for you and 5 members of your friends or family
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity leave
- Bike2Work scheme
- 4 x charity 'Care in the Community' days per year
- Flexible working environment - It's important that you work wherever works for you. The office is a collaborative space where you will be needed for your input occasionally, but will have a mix of working in the office and working from home.
- Progressive environment with a focus on wellbeing
- An environment where the 'sky is the limit' offering career opportunities and development
- Open, transparent and dynamic environment, trusted to work independently but with a great team around you
- Virtual Fitness classes three times a week