Here is our "wish list": Prior Consulting experiencePre-sales exposure in the Public Sector Ability to project manage consulting engagementsAWS, Azure, private cloud, hybrid cloud Resilience, disaster recovery Here is the "fine print":
Responsibility for working with Sungard AS's customers across industry sectors with experience and an industry specialty in Central Government and the public sector as a whole. Working in a collaborative and consultative manner, the Principal Consultant (Government Services) ensures that the services delivered conform to government and public sector industry compliance where applicable.
Performing strategic advisory around multi and hybrid cloud client requirements, performing high level and detailed architectural designs and implementation support incorporating Compute, Storage / DBMS, Network and application services for full lifecycle projects and programmes. Also providing such services on the existing cloud platform(s), which may include platform component re-architecture, capacity increase, etc. ensuring all changes maintain platform industry certification.
Liaising closely with senior client and internal stakeholders and with platform SMEs and the BAU operational support teams from both a commercial and technical perspective, engaging with the specific governing bodies for any platform certification processes.Responsibilities:
- Design, document, support implementation and provide QA to deliver first class customer solutions and in particular delivered from Government Cloud platform(s).
- Be the overall Subject Matter Expert for Government Cloud and broader Public SectorSolutions.
- Provide architectural advice and accreditation guidance to platform changes and taking these through the various bodies for approval e.g., cabinet office and NPIRMT.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of the technical documentation in the form of HLDs and LLDs working with specific platform SMEs.
- Provide technical management for platform upgrades, changes, and certification services e.g., Penetration tests or advisory board presentations.
- Provide overall technical leadership for the platform architecture.
- Conduct customer engagements in a collaborative manner.
- Coordinate technical resources with the onboarding of new services.
- Develop customer facing architectures and supporting documentation.
- Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company's values.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technology discipline or equivalent experience. Desirable.
- Technology certifications (MCSE, CCIE, CCNP, VCP, CCDP, AWS CSA, Azure SA, ITILv3, TOGAF, etc.). Desirable.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Architectures (Private, Public and Hybrid). Essential.
- Ability to rapidly gain knowledge of Sungard AS UK Sovereign Platforms. Desirable.
- Experienced in UK Government and broader Public Sector services. Essential.
- Ability to design, document and support implementation of first-class customer solutions on Cloud platforms in a regulated industry. Essential.
- Solid understanding and experience with large Enterprise architecture design. Essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Cloud Architecture Design. Essential.
- Skilled at gathering requirements for Solution Design.
- Able to architect a solution for secure environments.
- Able to architect separate solutions for resilient production environments.
- Proficient in multiple of the following. Essential
- Hybrid Cloud Architecture (Private/Public/On-prem).
- Related Compute, Storage and DBMS architectures and solutions.
- LAN/WAN Design.
- (Including firewalls, routers, switches, and related functionality e.g., VPN, IPSEC, DNS and DHCP).
- Security principles (including cyber).
- Application services and middleware.
- Strong appreciation of the following. Desirable.
- Operational processes, ITIL methodology and overall IT operating models.
- Cost modelling and business case development.
- Excellent planning, relationship building, and problem-solving skills. Essential.
- Manage individual work to exceptional customer satisfaction levels at all times. Essential.
- Display a sense of urgency and desire to exceed customer expectations. Essential.
- Able to analyse technical documentation and identify gaps/risks. Essential.
- Strong written skills to produce professional technical documentation. Essential.
- Skilled in Visio, MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Essential.
- Ability to lead customer-facing technical working sessions. Essential.
- Comfortable running workshops and presenting to customers. Essential.
- Excellent communication skills. Essential.
- Hold UK SC clearance or above. Essential.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS 7858 British standard screening prior to joining company. Essential.