We currently have an opportunity for a talented Senior Design Engineer,
ideally with rail
to join our Huddersfield
engineering team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and successful team that is growing rapidly.
You will be rewarded with interesting and challenging infrastructure projects such as Bicester Underbridge and Underpass scheme, Beaconsfield Golf Course - bridge deck replacement scheme, and Bletchley Flyover Dismantling. As well as the opportunity to develop your career with a successful engineering consultancy.
As Senior Design Engineer you will be responsible for the leadership and management of design projects.Responsibilities:
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Effectively lead a multidisciplinary design team.
- Ensure the design output of the team is in accordance with company procedures.
- Instigate and lead the discussion and agreement of technical design matters for all in the design team.
- Execute multidisciplinary designs and checks to a high level of technical complexity effectively utilising other team members as required to ensure all work meets the requirements of CDM 2015.
- Review and interpret briefing information and seek further information as required, Select and apply appropriate design codes, standards and design software and ensure their effective use in design including knowledge of the capabilities of BIM.
- Actively apply your knowledge and experience to manage and mentor junior members of the design team to assist with their development.
- Act as lead technical contact to the client and 3rd parties for the design project and proactively provide technical support to the client's site teams.
- Ensure the design meets the commercial requirements of the project and the company as a whole. Assist in the production of estimates. Ensure design change is managed in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities and issues in a timely manner to ensure programme and budget targets are met.
- BEng/MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Chartered or working towards Chartership with ICE or IStructE
- Minimum 7 years post graduate experience of consultancy based design.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of technical principles underlying Civil Engineering design and practice, particularly Temporary Works.
- Experience of working on construction projects and application of construction techniques.
- Comprehensive ability in the application of British and European codes for ultimate limit state and permissible stress deign. Particularly BS5975:2019.
- Broad experience in the use of civil engineering design software for structural and geotechnical design and finite element analysis.
- Highly experienced practitioner in the application of UK Health and Safety legislation particularly CDM 2015.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Strong attention to detail, particularly in engineering principles
- Proven analytical approach to problem solving.
- Positive, self-motivated and proactive team leader with proven team management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to express ideas.
- Well organised with an effective problem solving outlook and hold the ability to prioritise own work and that of junior team members.
- Ability to ensure the team achieves programme deadlines.
- Knowledge of estimation for Civil Engineering design projects
At Richter, we pride ourselves on attracting and retaining the brightest and best, fuelled by a professional environment built on achievement, creativity and career satisfaction.
We find innovative solutions to modern problems. We do what we say we're going to do - and we make a positive impact on our world through constant learning, innovative thinking, and passion for the work. We ensure that we offer personal development to all within our organisation which allows you to progress your career and offer the opportunity to be mentored by industry recognised Technical Leaders in their field, who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Along with offering a competitive salary, you will become part of a collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment. We welcome and encourage any aspiring engineer who shares our fascination with construction, design and a wonder for how things work, and who looks at the world with curiosity and vision.Our Business
Richter was founded to execute projects as efficiently as possible, to the maximum ethical standard. We deliver engineering works with a deep consideration for every conceivable aspect.
We're continually developing ourselves - as engineers, as a company, and as individuals - to construct in a way that protects natural resources, and create true harmony with the world around us. We're here to inspire our peers in the industry to be bolder and think bigger - and support younger generations to pursue a career in engineering.
Richter is an engineering design consultancy specialising in temporary works design and construction sequences. Our team of civil, structural and geotechnical engineers have a wealth of experience working on buildings, bridges, geotechnical, marine work, refurbishments, railways, infrastructure and demolition. There is no construction challenge we cannot accept.
We have an impressive portfolio of projects, and are known for taking on and delivering the complex projects that others cannot with a company culture that drives forward our success. We are a collaborative organisation that supports each other as individuals and as a firm to deliver the best possible solution to the project, thus maintaining our reputation for innovation and lateral thinking to ensure we provide the most economical and least wasteful solution to engineering schemes.
You cannot build the world without Richter - we build to improve the way we all live. We engineer value, together.Please apply with your CV
. To all recruitment agencies:
Richter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Richter is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.