Engineering & Factory Maintenance ManagerPurpose of the role:
To Lead and develop manufacturing and maintenance engineers that deliver regular operational improvements, new and innovative manufacturable product & process solutions, and total productive asset maintenance to ensure the optimum operational conditions to deliver manufacturing demands. Key Accountabilities:
Essential Competencies to succeed in this role:
- To lead, motivate and develop teams of maintenance & manufacturing engineers to deliver department objectives so that the company can meet its commitments to its customers and targets for growth.
- Leading cross-functional continuous improvement projects through engineering & maintenance to improve quality, efficiency and asset availability, in order to achieve annual OTIF and OTIF-FOC targets.
- To analyse, control and report on the factory maintenance & engineering spend to ensure that it is within the annual budget allocation in order for the business to remain profitable.
- Maintaining 100% accurate engineering and manufacture bill of materials (BOM) in order to eliminate errors and delays in production and to provide accurate costing for profit analysis in quotations.
- Preserving complete and current catalogue of standard operating procedures (SOPs) in order that best practice is maintained throughout the business and capacity planning is supported with accurate data.
- To innovate in design and manufacture so that PRMF can remain market-competitive whilst achieving operational cost reduction targets in order to deliver company profit objectives.
- To deliver cost-effective total productive maintenance (TPM) to operational assets and ensure efficient response to reactive repairs so that asset operational availability remains above 80% and the company can meet its commitments to its customers OTIF.
- To oversee the planning and approval of all 3rd party contractors that are on-site and have been engaged with to undertake specialist duties planning for and delivering safe systems of work.
- Proven technical team leadership capabilities.
- A technical or engineering background in a relevant environment
- Working experience of LEAN, 6SIGMA, DFMA.
- X-functional Project management skills.
- Managing and prioritising workload skills for self and a team.
- Complex problem-solving skills and experience, including Root Cause Analysis, DMAIC, 5W1H, QFD, Ishikawa diagram.
- A hands-on approach and the ability to work with Senior Managers as well as factory team members.
- A demonstrable top level understanding of manufacturing operations principles.
- Coaching and mentoring management style.
- Ability to summarise complex issues and focus on priorities, detail with fact and data.
Note to agencies: We do not accept unsolicited CVs.