Our client is a well renowned consultancy that specialises in strategy, technology and innovation across commercial and public sector.
The Senior Developer is key for their client's product delivery, they will develop core components of their solutions and help select appropriate technologies. Their subject matter expertise will enable them to operate with greater levels of autonomy and decision making.
They will work to technical standards writing clean, secure code following a test-driven approach, ensuring the code is open as far as possible and can be re-used.
The Senior Developer will be expected to mentor and lead other engineers in technical tasks, as well as support recruitment and assessment activities.Main responsibilities
- delivering secure, reliable and scalable software, and supporting their team with technical tasks when needed
- evaluating and advising on design choices and ensuring that software is high quality and balances technical and business considerations
- defining and documenting test cases for new systems and maintaining live systems to ensure ongoing performance
- evolving new approaches/solutions with other professions through discoveries, maintaining a focus on development and deployment
- helping prioritise and direct technical tasks across their team, to balance new and live services
They'll have a demonstrable passion for software development, with the following skills or proven experience in:
- Application development usingJavaSPRING
- Working with AWS Aurora (postgres)and AWS S3
- Test-driven development with a focus on automation
- Working within an Agile environment
- Working through all aspects of the software delivery lifecycle with focus on continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Secure development practices and knowledge ofReactJs
- Working with microservices architecture, containerized applications (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Integration with Amazon MSK (Kafka)
- Working with AwsElastiCache(Redis)