Company DescriptionEurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
The role will primarily involve conducting system design activities, ensuring that solutions delivered meet functional and non-functional requirements. Part of this will be establishing then developing an appropriate systems architecture framework for the company to use going forward. The Systems Architect / Administrator will have experience in designing and implementing technical solutions, as well as a strong general IT systems background with a deep understanding of how systems fit together in an enterprise. This will enable the Systems Architect / Administrator to gather requirements and design solutions that meet the business needs as defined by the Senior Leadership Team.
Once systems designs are in place, the Systems Architect / Administrator will, where appropriate, assist the Infrastructure Team in delivering the solutions and occasionally provide support and assistance when required once the systems are in use.Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Establish then develop an appropriate systems architecture framework for the company to use going forward
- Conduct system design activities, ensuring that architectural solutions meet functional and non-functional requirements, documenting appropriately at each level and stage.
- Reviewing existing system architecture, recommending improvements and participating in engineering reviews to determine any ambiguities or required changes.
- Scrutinising change requests to determine the magnitude of work and estimating the level of effort required.
- Alongside the IT management team, discuss and determine IT strategy so it aligns with requirements of the business as defined by the Senior Leadership Team
- Keeping up to date with developments regarding systems currently in use and learn about new systems where these would be relevant to existing or future system upgrades or implementations, acquiring certifications where appropriate
- Assist with system support activities as required
- Contribute to corporate/company-wide projects as required
- To maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Ensure all reasonable steps are taken to achieve accuracy and reliability of information
- To generate specific reports with conclusions to a high level of quality and technical competence
- To operate in line with company policies
- To partake in any developmental training as required in compliance with the company standard;
- Responsible for promoting a professional image of the Company and for complying with the company's Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies at all times, including work related events which take place outside normal working hours;
- Read and comply with company rules, procedures, agreements and any notices displayed by the Company throughout your location;
- Visit remote sites where required
- To partake in local management meetings to better understand and serve the business.
- Ensure work is carried out to necessary operating standards; all relevant standard operating procedures, HR, health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for promoting a professional image of the Company and for complying with the Company's Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies at all times, including work related events which take place outside normal working hours.
- Undertaking other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility.
- Degree in Computer Science
- TOGAF (or equivalent systems architecture) Certification
- ITIL Certification
- Microsoft Certification
- VMware Certification
- Citrix Certification
- Cisco Certification
Additional InformationSalary: CompetitiveContract: PermanentHours: 37.5 per weekLocation
Any of the following Eurofins Forensic Service Sites - Birchwood Park, Heathrow, Culham, Tamworth Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance will be required for this role. To gain security clearance you must have at least three years' continuous residency in the UK preceding an application. Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance. In addition, successful applicants will be required to undertake drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment.