Join us as a Senior Associate, OTC in our SS&C GlobeOp team based in our London Office:
What you will do
- SS&C are seeking a Senior Associate with a strong OTC background in its London office based near St Pauls.
- The position involves actively managing the OTC service deliverables to our clients by working as part of the client aligned service group to ensure all end to end service deliverables are met on a daily basis.
- The successful applicant will need to work within the OTC service groups and will be expected to understand the day to day operational processing.
- The successful applicant should be building partnerships with their clients and ensuring that the services we provide allow the client to grow their business confident in our performance.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- OTC Trade processing (this includes but is not limited to);
- Trade Capture
- Trade Matching & Confirmation
- Trade Settlement
- Trade lifecycle event processing
- Monitor STP trade loads into the order management system and investigate and resolve failed loads.
- Process lifecycle events & market events like corp. actions, dividends etc.
- Review & Investigate into Trade/Position, Cash breaks and take action to resolve them
- Work with clients, trading advisors, counterparties & brokers on issues relating to the position and cash break
- Handling settlements of various OTC products such as CDS and IRS, both vanilla and exotic.
- Chasing counterparties for confirming all payments, instructions and date. Identifying cause of discrepancies and resolving them.
- Preparing wires for payment of confirmed settlements with approval by management within the stipulated currency cut-off
- Handling daily, weekly, monthly Cash reconciliations for the OTC trades
- Interacting with clients and counterparties related to resolution of day to day cash reconciliation issues
- Matching of Trade Economics between Client Data and Prime Brokers/Counterparty statements.
- Matching of Trade Economics between Client Data and Prime Brokers/Counterparty using MarkitTradeManager [MTM]
- Chasing for confirmations of trade economics /existence of deals by email/Phone.
- Ability for managing client issues and projects through to satisfactory resolution.
- Ability to build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ensure services are provided to clients in accordance with the contracts and any service level agreements
- Additional Responsibilities
- Business Development
- Identify process and system improvements across all functions
- Investigate potential opportunities for account growth and new business
- Develop ideas to increase revenue from existing and new clients
- Demonstrated OTC trade flow and workflow knowledge.
- Solid understanding of operational risk and controls.
- Able to work well under pressure and providing solutions to complex problems
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication in English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team under tight deadlines
- Keen to learn and develop and lead by example
- Maintain and display a high level of professionalism when dealing with clients, investors and colleagues
- Proactive and positive approach to all challenges. Self-motivated and take initiative
- Project management experience and skills is advantageous
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft project A third level qualification preferred in a finance or business-related area
- Operations experience preferred
- IAQ / IMC is advantageous
SS&C Technologies/ SS&C Financial Services Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS INCLUDING: Flexible Time Off, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement Plan, Bonus Opportunity, and Health Plan