Senior Full Stack Developer (Python)Team
- Cambridge, UKContract
- Full-time, PermanentSalary
- Excellent + benefitsCompany Background
SATAVIA applies AI, data analytics, and atmospheric science to make aviation smarter and greener. SATAVIA's proprietary DECISIONX platform generates a digital twin of the atmosphere, simultaneously enabling smarter fleet condition monitoring (DECISIONX:FLEET) and reduced climate impact through contrail prevention (DECISIONX:NETZERO).
Combining deep connections in the aviation ecosystem with an agile start-up culture, SATAVIA is able to scale quickly and adapt to new opportunities and partnerships.Rooted in scientific and technological acumen and working with leading players ranging from Microsoft to Airbus, SATAVIA embodies an entrepreneurial mindset with the ambition to transform the relationship between aviation and the environment.
We have already assembled an exceptional group of people, combining talent in atmosphere and climate science, aerospace engineering, and full-stack cloud software and data-engineering. We are now looking for passionate and motivated individuals to join our expanding team and help make aviation smarter and greener.The Opportunity
Satavia are now looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join the team and contribute to the development of our next generation 5DX platform (as well as our wider products).
We are a small and agile team that is growing to help accelerate the development and delivery of our 5DX platform with partners in the UK and US. We are still early on the product roadmap, and this role will have a significant impact on how the product is built. It's intended that this role will work closely with the product team to help ensure that we build things right.
As we are an early-stage team, this role will be perfect for someone with a well-rounded background, who wishes to grow in a role as the company also grows. This role will provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to advance their career as a technical specialist, whilst learning new skills using the latest technologies.Main Responsibilities
As a key member of the technology team, you will be responsible for:
Skills and ExperienceEssential
- Delivering new features for the 5DX platform (and for other Satavia products), working in the backend primarily but also working with our front-end team members where needed
- Working with the Architect and Product team to scope and estimate features and assess technical feasibility to guide iterations
- Working with the ML and knowledge teams to assist with POC development
- As the team grows, mentoring and supporting more junior team members
- Demonstrable experience in commercial development roles, with a proven track record of delivering working software in modern environments
- Demonstrated experience with Python
- Fundamentals of architectural design; the role will work with others on the team who can assist in this regard, but candidates should understand good design principles
- Solid skills in developing in cloud-based/docker environments, with an understanding of serverless principles and microservice patterns
- A strong understanding of and/or experience with modern DevOps packages and tools e.g. Terraform, GitLab etc.
- A good understanding of security principles and best practices for sensitive data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and capable of explaining complex concepts to people from a variety of technical backgrounds
- Entrepreneurial drive and the desire to contribute to building an early-stage company
- Experience working with machine learning/data science teams
- Understanding of working within highly regulated industries (e.g. Aerospace, Carbon offsetting, etc.)
- Experience with additional BE languages such as Go
- Experience with Azure/AWS/GCP/Oracle Clouds will be helpful but can be learned quickly
- Aerospace or aircraft software experience or something similar
Our Vision and Values
- EMI Share options scheme available.
- Generous pension scheme
- Bonus scheme and annual salary review
- Annual leave allowance of 33 days (including bank holidays) plus the option to buy/sell up to 5 days' leave each year
- Enhanced sick pay
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Life assurance (Death in service)
- Income protection insurance
- Regular social events including pizza lunches and monthly team building/wellbeing activities
Our Vision is simple: to transform the relationship between aviation and the environment.
We accomplish this through the continuous application of five core values. At SATAVIA we are:Agile -
we generate hyper-scale technological achievement at hyper-speed, moving fast and making things to stay ahead of the competition.Curious
- our thirst for knowledge drives our scientific, technological, and entrepreneurial acumen, keeping us at the cutting-edge of innovation.Creative -
our problem-solving culture means that we thrive on tackling the hardest problems with fresh perspectives in order to deliver new, impactful solutions.Caring
- we're eco-centric not ego-centric; we work as a team at all times to ensure we maintain a supportive, collaborative working environment.Diverse
- we're scientists, programmers, and specialists from all walks of life and all parts of the globe, working together to create more value, faster.