Senior Thermal Systems Engineer
This is an opportunity for an experienced Thermal systems engineer with good knowledge of refrigerant systems and liquid cooling systems.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with many growth opportunities, all focused within the design, development and manufacturing of next generation battery systems. This is one of the most exciting businesses in Europe right now.
Due to the location, this opportunity will only appeal to those who can relocate
to a beautiful location within Western Europe.
A key requirement for this opportunity is someone who understands the steps/procedure you need to follow to design and calculate a heat pump. The elements that are involved on it and all the information relevant from your experience that can help the design or performance improvement of such a system. If you are comfortable with this, further details are below:
As a Senior Thermal Systems Engineer your role and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Reporting to the Thermal Systems Programme Manager you will take the lead in the design and development of integrated thermal system for cooling and heating of bespoke modular battery system.
The design and development of the thermal system will involve the following:
- To take the lead in the design and development of the system architecture of both the refrigerant system and water glycol cooling system for battery thermal management to include the following:
- Carry out benchmarking of thermal systems and components
- Definition of system architecture including circuit diagrams, flow patterns and physical characteristics
- Selection, sizing and optimisation of system components to include compressors, heat exchangers, pumps, valves and other related components for each modular thermal system
- To work with the CAD team for system layout and packaging and engineering drawings
- To work with the simulation team to meet design targets for flow capabilities and heating and cooling capacity
- To write system technical specifications and requirements
- To develop a system level DFMEA and subsequent component DFMEA's as required
- To work with the test and development team to develop a test plan based on DFMEA and technical targets, this will include both bench testing and field trial's
- To support in house bench testing and also testing in the field
- To liaise with suppliers to ensure component compatibility and function within the thermal system
- To work with customers to ensure the thermal system meets requirements and targets for the various applications the system will be integrated with
- To use industry standard tools such as 8D or similar for problem solving
- An understanding of industry standard quality tools such as APQP