A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
For certain T. Rowe Price companies and permanent establishments domiciled in EMEA and APAC, incumbent will work with Senior Tax Manager - International Tax/Transfer Pricing, Senior Tax Manager - Indirect Tax, and Senior Manager - International Tax/Associate Counsel to manage all aspect of corporate income tax and indirect tax compliance, and will assist on product taxation matters. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Manages all aspects of corporate income tax and indirect tax compliance for certain companies and permanent establishments domiciled in EMEA and APAC. This includes but is not limited to preparing tax returns and income tax provisions, researching local country tax matters and planning opportunities, coordinating responses to tax audits, and ensuring the timely payment of tax payments.
- Prepares income tax returns by gathering and analysing financial accounting information, computing book to tax differences and adjustments, preparing local taxable income calculations, and working with an outside accounting firm for tax return preparation, and then reviewing their work product.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly VAT/GST returns for EMEA jurisdictions (UK, Luxembourg, Italy, Denmark) and APAC jurisdictions (Singapore, Australia, Japan). Additional responsibilities include monitoring Taxback International VAT claims included in domestic VAT filings, liaising with tax authorities and VAT consultants for data inquiries and VAT audits, and working with the financial reporting group for monthly VAT allowance and forecasting needs.
- Prepares quarterly and annual income tax provisions in US GAAP and local GAAP/IFRS and reviews provisions prepared by staff accountants. This includes working with EMEA, APAC, and US based financial reporting teams on financial statement matters related to taxes.
- Monitors changes in local country tax laws, tax rates, etc. that may impact EMEA and APAC companies and investment products.
- Participates in local country board meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Participates in the preparation of transfer pricing local files and other reporting needs for EMEA and APAC companies.
- Monitors tax news flows from professional publishers, accounting and law firms, and conversations with ICI Global leadership and staff as well as peers at other global asset managers.
- Effectively partners with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives, drive process improvements and implement best practices.
- University degree
- Tax and/or accounting qualifications (ICAEW, CIOT)
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience, in either (1) global asset management firms, (2) global accounting firms, or (3) a combination of both
- Familiarity with US GAAP accounting and concepts
- Strong income tax accounting experience
- Familiarity with tax accounting and accounting standards for investment funds in UK, Luxembourg, Japan, and Australia.
- Taxation of investment funds/products under the tax laws of foreign countries (primarily in EMEA and APAC)
- Analysis and interpretation of tax treaty networks among the G20 nations.
- Able to apply research and lead multi-departmental projects implementing changes
- Analytical with strong Excel skills
- Takes initiative, resourceful, collaborative
- Attention to detail and able to work under tight timeframes and meet deadlines
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and communication skills - able to serve as an effective business partner by identifying, analysing, and communicating complex technical tax concepts to non-tax audiences
- Able to perform in a team environment - can synthesize the issues/concerns of different areas and help guide a working to reasonable solutions that are acceptable to all
- Able to manage workload effectively and independently and communicate regularly with manager located in another TRP office
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.