What We Do:
Ultra EWST is a specialist business that builds sophisticated, high value radar simulation equipment for international defence customers. This involves most aspects of electronic systems engineering from requirements definition through to installation and support. Our equipment is used for systems evaluation, avionics testing and mission support of high end military radar and receiver systems. It is a critical enabler of the Electronic Warfare capability of our end users; we help to keep them safe so that they can keep us safe.
Where You Fit:
Your role is to be the Product Manager for a key product line in the business, responsible for developing the product strategy, development roadmap and technical solutions that will meet our customer's needs.
You will be reporting directly to the VP Programmes & General Manager of the Specialist RF/EWST Operating Business Unit. Many aspects of the business come into play;
- identifying customer issues, developing and pricing products that address those problems
- writing proposals that can sell our products
- guiding product engineering activities and engaging with customers throughout the whole business cycle
This role requires a mixture of hard and soft skills, including:
- cross domain engineering
- business strategy
- influencing and communication
All of these will drive our products and business towards the excellence that our customers need.
We expect you to have the ability to learn about and lead the development our products; to engage and communicate at all levels of understanding about those and to create solutions that meet new requirements and customer needs.
You will be providing the direction of travel for a key part of the business, helping customers to understand what we can offer and our teams to understand what is really needed.
You will work closely with both the Business Development Director and Chief Engineer, providing guidance and support to both, so that together you can offer and deliver the right products, at the right price, for our customers and the business.
Technology and Systems:
Our systems include digital (FPGA) and RF hardware, controlled by Windows and embedded C/C++ application code.
Our processes cover the full electronic systems engineering lifecycle:
- requirements management (DOORS)
- the V-Model process
- software tools (Visual Studio C/C++, VxWorks, MatLab)
- firmware for FPGA / SoC boards
- configuration management (Dimensions)
- quality (ISO9001)
- project management
As the Technical Authority for the product you will need to be familiar with these, sufficient to ask the right questions and to ensure that the product develops according to the roadmap that you have defined.Your Experience and Skills:
- You will be an experienced engineer who is capable of connecting the bigger picture to the details, of seeing issues and turning them into solutions, of leading, influencing and motivating others so that you can all make effective progress together.
- You need to be a self-starter and a people person; one who can see what needs doing and can get it done. Our business makes useful things that really have to work. You need to be sort of person who gets real enjoyment out of that, both in terms of the products being delivered and the process of delivering those products.
Proposal development is a significant and hands on part of the role. It is critically important to the success of the business. You will be the main solution architect, understanding the requirements and designing the technical response, writing compelling proposals, producing the cost build up and working with the BD Director to set the price to win.Travel:
Much of our business is for export around the world. It is important that you have the flexibility and an enthusiasm for travelling abroad to support trade shows, customer meetings and system delivery activities. Such travel can involve periods of a few weeks at a time, in various locations around the world.
- As we provide defence related systems it is essential that you have or are able to get
SC level security clearance.
- Degree in a related subject, such as Electronic Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer or an equivalent level of experience.
Benefits We Provide:
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a wide range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92659050