Job Title: Senior Principal Relationship Manager (70057) Grade
: M Department: Treasury Services Location: London Who we are:
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
- Consult with clients on their strategic vision and how the firm can help them achieve that vision. Promote firm services/product offerings that solve client challenges and achieve account growth. May evaluate and structure deal (pricing, contract terms, etc.) to determine the optimal terms for both the client and the firm.
- Conduct frequent and regular check-ins with assigned clients, ensuring their continued satisfaction and strategic alignment with firm services/product offerings. Continually evaluate client needs and ensure sustained client engagement. Provide clients with industry expertise sharing trends as well as current and potential impact on the client business model. Typically recommend product/service enhancements internally in order to fill underserved client interests and recommend product/services directly to the client.
- Develop, track and report on relationship strategy/results for assigned client portfolio. Contribute to the development of team/unit metrics, dashboards and roadmaps.
- Work closely with business development teams to ensure relationship management strategy is executed by account management and client service teams. Keep abreast of client account activity occurring throughout the firm and serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction. Conduct service review meetings and assist in client training, sharing of market information/experience. May prospect new clients in a similar industry or segment of existing clients. Contribute to the development of overall RM strategies for the unit.
- May work with other Relationship Managers and/or marshal firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure client needs are being addressed and to proactively inform clients of industry developments or firm thought leadership. Recommend areas for firm thought leadership efforts based on client feedback and may deliver thought leadership feedback both internally and externally to clients. Ensures client onboarding and/or risk management activities are conducted and captured (KYC, BAC, etc.) Serves as the interface for compliance, regulatory, reputational matters between clients and the Bank. In some regional/local markets may manage relationships with regulators directly.
- Attend industry events and conferences to remain visible in the market and remain current on industry trends and competitor services/offerings.
- No direct reports; provide guidance to less experienced Relationship Managers as needed. May lead small teams and enlist and lead other RMs to assist in managing very large, global complex accounts. Teams are geographically dispersed with multiple reporting lines, adding to complexity of oversight.
Qualifications Experience & Qualifications:
- Responsible for achievement of organic, incremental growth (revenue, asset) goals within assigned client portfolio. Manages overall relationship profitability of key clients with complex needs.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferred.
- Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product (Hedge, Pension, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in Relationship Management, Client Services or Account Management.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
- As a global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
- Fluency in Arabic is essential, French would be beneficial
- Established network of Industry contacts and a history of supporting the Levant and North Africa Region
- Strong Understanding of Risk Compliance and Credit
- Prior experience in FI and transaction banking.
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Sales/Marketing Internal Jobcode:
TS REL MGMT AND BUS DEV-HR07024 Requisition Number: